I prefer one-on-one lessons for mathematics students. Generally, I follow the specific class curriculum for each student, going over what has been taught each week to ensure the students' full understanding, expanding on or re-teaching (using different teaching methods) areas the student struggles with. I ensure students understand their courses by setting them maths problems to complete on their own during the lesson. When they make mistakes, I demonstrate the correct solution, and ask them to try similar problems until they can solve them on their own. I also engage the students in conversation to test that they can put what they are studying in their own words, explain their thought process, use their own judgement and apply their learning to new problems or ideas. This ensures that students have not just memorised but understood what they are learning, builds their self-confidence and encourages independent problem-solving.
I am a Graduate Architect (2016) who has spent the past year travelling and tutoring ESL students in South America. Previously I have tutored Brisbane high school students in a variety of subjects, focusing primarily on Mathematics, English, Drama and general exam and project preparation. I also teach students good study habits, personal organisation and time management skills so they can succeed not only in high school but in future study and work opportunities.
I have just returned from Peru, where I studied Spanish and tutored students from across the world in English speaking and writing.
Previous Tutoring Work (2017 - )
• English-language tutor for native Spanish, Japanese and Chinese speakers from basic to advanced understanding of English.
• Mathematics and Writing tutor for native English speakers at a high school level.
• Tutored both one-on-one and in small groups, depending on the needs of the student.
• For English students: practiced speaking, conversations and writing in English; explained construction of English sentences, rules of spelling and grammar and common English phrases.
• For high school students: practiced solving mathematical problems and explained theory behind maths; assisted with written and spoken assignments, including analysis of text, generation of ideas, structure and format of various types of writing and editing of work.
• Increased students’ chances of success by finding them a personal organisation and scheduling strategy that enabled them to be consistantly organised and prepared for work.
• Students achieved high results in exams and assignments.
Bachelor of Architectural Design from the University of Queensland - this degree developed my visual, verbal and written communication skills, design and presentation skills and research skills.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|