Generally, I like to apply real world examples to explain how the theory of a specific topic can be applied to an every day situation. I will then proceed to look at the theory and fundamentals of that specific topic before setting some questions or tasks to complete. I will then explain the solution as a step by step guide as best as i can. I also like to use video from Youtube or other sites to help explain specific subjects and areas.
I am a degree qualified engineer with over 10 years experience in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) field. I am originally from Ireland but I have been working and living in Perth for the past 7 years. I am passionate about sustainable practices and passing on my knowledge to the next generation of engineers
- Sept 2016 - Present: Senior Mechanical Engineer at Floth Sustainable Building Consultants, Perth
- Feb 2012 - Sept 2016: Mechanical Engineer at WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, Perth.
- Undertake building heating and cooling calculations to determine the thermal capacity of central air conditioning, heating and ventilation plant.
- Liaise with architects, builders, engineers and project stakeholders to deliver the most cost effective and appropriate mechanical building services designs.
- Lead a team of engineers and draftsmen to ensure works are completed to relevant timeframes and in accordance with local codes and standards
- Undertake site inspections to ensure the installation of mechanical air conditioning and ventilation systems are in accordance with the design documentation and project scope.
- Provide cost and budget estimates to confirm project budgets.
Bachelors of Engineering (Hons, Building Services Engineering) - Dublin Institute of Technology
Green Star Accredited Professional
Member of Engineer's Australia
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|