I'm a passionate tutor that is excited by the prospect of helping you learn about computer programming, games development, and mathematics! I'm comfortable crafting lessons and courses to suit your needs given years of experience tutoring individuals and groups in both relaxed and formal settings. Whether it's structured tutorials and workshops or creative exploration of topics, I can deliver a great learning experience!
I'll provide the experience you want by:
- Helping you establish and achieve short and long term educational or professional goals
- Investigating various learning strategies (e.g. auditory, visual, and kinesthetic) and find what combination works best for you
- Iteratively exploring various lesson styles to find what engages you the best and helps you retain information
- Optionally providing tasks, worksheets, workshops, or assignments to be completed outside of our lessons and eventually reviewed
- Charting the evolution of your knowledge, critical thinking skills, and more
Potential focus areas:
- Programming languages: C/C++, C#, python, lua, and more
- Engines: Unity, unreal, and more
- Specialist topics: applied mathematics, artificial intelligence, gameplay programming, systems programming, and more
I am a professional games developer that has worked on several games released on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS, and Android. I have bachelor degrees in Mathematics and Information Technology from the Queensland University of Technology (with a graduating GPA of 7.0 on a 7-point scale.) Throughout my undergraduate degrees I tutored hundreds of students across various disciplines including software engineering, applied mathematics, web development, and more.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the lesson commences.
For my complete work history, see: (concealed information)
- Bachelor of Mathematics (GPA 7.0 on a 7-point scale)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (GPA 7.0 on a 7-point scale)
Relevant employment history:
- Mid-level games programmer at Defiant Development (May, 2018 - present)
- Mid-level games programmer at Gameloft (May, 2017 - May, 2018)
- Junior games programmer at Gameloft (Jan, 2015 - Apr, 2017)
- Contract software engineer at the Queensland University of Technology (Nov, 2013 - Jan, 2015)
- Contract research assistant at the Queensland University of Technology (Nov, 2013 - Feb, 2014)
- Contract games programmer at Hub Studios (Jul, 2013 - Jul, 2014)
- Contract web developer at Simply Fit Gym (Jul, 2011 - Jan, 2014)
- Contract research assistant at the Queensland University of Technology (Nov, 2012 - Feb, 2013)
- Contract tutor at the Queensland University of Technology (Oct, 2011 - Mar, 2012)
Relevant community engagement:
- Peer learning advisor at the Queensland University of Technology (Feb, 2011 - Jun, 2014)
Relevant extracurricular activities:
- Attended the Game Connect Asia Paciﬁc Conference (2016)
- Attended the Australian Game Developer Awards (2016)
- Guest Speaker for the QUT Game Development Club (2015 / 2016)
- Showcased at the Game On Symposium (2014)
computer programming lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with C lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about programming languages lessons?
Taking C++ lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$50||$50||Not available|