I believe in making memorable learning opportunities for all children I teach, I get to know all children really well and teach based on their needs and interests. I have taught forest schools and believe that learning can happen in all environments, including outdoors.
I am a fully trained Primary Teacher with a range of experience throughout the primary age phase. I have taught year 1, 2, 3 and 4 in my own classes, but have taught every year through being a supply teacher, as well as having experience with the EYFS.
Personal Profile/Personal Attributes
• Reliable, hardworking, competent individual with a wide range of experience working in primary schools.
• Proven ability in working in a busy school and nursery environment and proven myself to cope well in the ever changing nature of a school.
• Comfortable working as part of a year team, key stage team and school team.
• Friendly and extremely willing and eager to learn and meet new people.
• Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
• I have a range of experience within the primary sector; I had placements in Year 3, Year 1 and Foundation Stage.
• My NQT year took place in a Year 3/4 mixed age class, with a range of learning and behavioural difficulties.
• In my second year of teaching I held a majority job share for a Year 2 class and I also covered supply within my school across the Key Stages.
• I was the Forest Schools and Outdoor learning coordinator; I ran Forest Schools sessions weekly for each class throughout the school. We worked on a class wildlife area which the children really enjoyed.
• I cover supervised for training and subject leader time within my school so therefore have a range of experience with all ages.
• I am part of three supply agencies and cover in a range of years and schools across and around York.
• Last year I taught in a Year 1 class full time.
• I completed a seven week long term supply in a Nursery attached to a school. Although the long term placement has finished, I am still supplying at the school when needed.
• I have just finished working in a private day nursery as an Early Years Educator.
• I have 12 GCSE’s and 4 A Levels.
• Achieved a grade above my predicted at A Level.
• Completed a BA Primary Teaching with QTS Degree at the University of Hull, Scarborough Campus achieving a 2:1 degree.
• Passed my NQT and RQT year at my first school.
• I have completed an EYFS Diploma.
• 07/2009-08/2015 – A range of experience working in the retail and catering sectors.
• 09/2014 – 07/2016 – Teacher at Stamford Bridge Primary School. I took my NQT year here in a Year 3/4 class and I worked as a Year 2 teacher in a majority job share, as well as holding to role of supply cover and Forest Schools and Outdoor Learning Coordinator.
• 09/2016 – 07/2017 – Teacher at Selby Abbey Primary school. I was teaching full time in a Year 1 class and I also helped the school to implement outdoor learning.
• 09/2017 – 11/2017 – Supply Teaching in the Nursery at Knavesmire Primary School. I have planned and taught here against the EYFS curriculum for the seven week placement. I am currently supplying in other classes when the school needs cover.
• 01/2018 – 07/2018 – Early Year Educator at Tiddlywinks Private Day Nursery. I taught through in the moment planning, play and engaging with the children. I also assessed children in my key worker group, cared for and supported children during the day including meal times.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons?
Taking school coaching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|