My first meeting with students is about his needs for the subject. A problem can be solved with more than one method. I encourage students to suggest the possible solutions and then explain why the particular approach is the best to address the issue.
I am always open to teach the subject either chapter wise or by the random selection of topics depending on the requirement of student.
Through education and job responsibilities, I am able to explain complex concepts of chemistry, Geology and Environmental Science in an effective and understandable manner with the help of examples and illustrations. I have been tutoring VCE and university students for the last nine years and deliver my best. I am punctual and understand the need of students with variable stage of competency.
Sound knowledge of VCE/Graduate level Chemistry, Geology and Environmental Science course and examination procedure through education and job experience.
PhD (Hydrochemistry) 2016 - La Trobe University, Melbourne
Master of Science (Chemistry with thesis – GPA-3.6/4) 1999 - University of Karachi, Karachi
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology 1996 - University of Karachi, Pakistan
VCE Chemistry/Tertiary tutoring 2009 – to date
• VCE Chemistry year 11 and 12 tutoring at Master Tutoring, Mill Park Vic. in 2011.
• Casual Chemistry tutoring to 1st year students of university was conducted between 2011 and 2014.
• Currently privately teaching VCE Chemistry to year 11 and 12 students
• Currently privately teaching Tertiary Hydrogeology course to university students
Doctor of Philosophy 2009 - 2016 – La Trobe University
• Carried out a hydrochemical/hydrogeological investigation of the catchments to assess the impact of land use change and geology on groundwater chemistry and resources.
• Analysis of soil/water samples using analytical chemistry techniques
• Managing simple and complex data using Excel and data handling software
• Geochemical modelling of groundwater chemistry data using PHREEQC
• Characterisation of the sites with the help of physical and chemical analysis of soil
• Presenting work in both oral and written form, in local and international conferences (USA, Australia) and publications
University demonstrator 2009 – 2013, La Trobe University
• Delivered practical courses of hydrogeology, hydrology, groundwater chemistry, remote sensing and GIS, regolith and Geology to 1st-3rd year university students.
Scientist and Senior Scientist- Environment 2000 – 2017, PCSIR labs. Complex Karachi
• Analysis of biological, environmental and food samples using wet chemistry techniques and analytical instruments
• Mentoring of college students for small research projects under the banner of “Science Olympiad” organized by Intel.
• Communication with clients with variable understanding of chemistry regarding the research/testing results and interpretation
• Working closely with other team members to complete the research projects
• Dresel, P.E, Dean, J.F., Perveen, F., Webb, J.A., Daly, E., Hekmeijer, P., Adelana, S.M., Grover, S.P. and Camporese, M. Variation in water balance with geologic setting, climate, and land use in south-eastern Australia. Accepted to Journal of Hydrology.
• U. Asghar, S. K. Alvi, Fahmida Perveen, F. A. Khan, S. Bhutto, I. Siddiqui, A. Bano and T. H. Usmani. Metal contents in groundwater of Tharparkar District, Sind, Pakistan with special focus on Arsenic. Pak J. of Sci. & Ind. Research, 55(1), 49-56, 2012.
• S. K. Alvi, U. Asghar, Fahmida Perveen, F. A. Khan and T. H. Usmani. Groundwater quality of district Tharparkar, Sind, Pakistan: Focus on Fluoride and Fluorosis. J. Chem. Soc. Pak., 30(3), 372-376, 2008.
• J. Mahmood, N. Taj, Fahmida Perveen, T.H. Usmani, R. Azmat and Fahimuddin. Arsenic, Fluoride and Nitrate in drinking water: The problem and its possible solution. Res. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 1(4), 179-184, 2007.
• Mah-Urooj, T. Haq, Fahmida Perveen and L. Sultana. Bacteriological analysis of groundwater in urban areas of Karachi City. Pak J. of Sci. & Ind. Research, 50(4), 273-277, 2007.
• U. Asghar, Fahmida Perveen, S. K. Alvi, F.A. Khan, I. Siddiqui and T.H. Usmani. Contamination of Arsenic in public water supply schemes of Larkhana and Mirpurkhas Districts of Sind. J. Chem. Soc. Pak.,28(2), 130-135, 2006.
• A.B. Munshi, Fahmida Perveen and T.H. Usmani “Accumulation of Organochlorine in edible fishes and mussel from coastal waters of Karachi, Pakistan” J. Chem. Soc. Pak., 27(4), 404-408, 2005.
• Australian Postgraduate Award full PhD scholarship, 2009
• Higher Education Commission, Pakistan – Indigenous PhD Award, 2004 (Reverted)
• Comparison of the salt budget in paired catchments (pasture and tree plantation) in south-western Victoria, Australia” at 40th IAH Conference held at Perth, Australia from 15th - 20th September 2013.
• The influence of subsurface karst terrain on hydrology and hydrogeology in southwestern Victoria, Australia– a multidisciplinary approach” at AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, USA, 3rd - 7th December 2012.
• Geology overshadows the effect of land use change: A paired catchment study in south-western Victoria” at 25th Victorian Universities Earth and Environmental Sciences Conference held at Monash University, 25th October 2012.
• Catchment-scale water and salinity impacts of changing land use in south west Victoria – Evidence from groundwater chemistry” at 1st National Groundwater Conference, Canberra from 31st Oct. - 04th Nov. 2010.
Available upon request
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electrochemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|