I practice a learner centered coaching methodology with little touch on essential theories. Majority of the learning will be on practical means via role plays, observation and discussions, scenario discussions etc. Will guide students to conduct individual and group projects.
I am an international development professional with 20 years of experience specialized in Education service provision in disaster, war and poverty struck countries in Asia and the Middle East while blending in-depth perspectives from academic, multi disciplinary & cultural expertise
As a development professional with over twenty years of experience in Asia and the Middle East, I strive to contribute in making positive changes to the lives of children, women and men via effective and practical development and humanitarian programming, focused on the education sector. My sharp analytical, strong interpersonal, effective networking, problem solving, clear communication and strong negotiation skills are optimally utilized in achieving targets set by the organization. My ability to identify skills, development needs and sense of key trends and priorities assists me to drive organizational mission towards reaching its vision. This is complemented by a drive to continually seek improvements and creatively think “outside the box”. As an individual who strives to blend learning and practice, I take pride in applying my education and professional experience to support individuals, government, corporate and development sectors to fulfill organizational and personal goals.
Key Capabilities &Contributions
• Trained SCI Iraq Education staff on Education and Wellbeing in Emergencies (LWiE), Community Action – Literacy Boost in Emergencies, ASER for literacy baseline across Iraq (Online and in person as appropriate)
• Trained SCI Sri Lanka Education staff on Literacy Boost and Community Action components of LB
• Trained staff of the Ministry of Road Development, Housing and Energy in the Central Province of Sri Lanka (2012) on Effective Communication Skills and Personality Development
• Trained energy efficiency trainers of 4 provinces of Sri Lanka on effective communications and negotiation skills(2011-2013)
• Conducted Trainers Of Trainers (TOT) programs for government education officials and teachers on child friendly school systems(2006-2008)
• Highly skilled in IT and related applications
• Been a private part time tutor for 18 years
• Conducting a scoping study for on voluntary basis for the One Foundation (formerly known as International Gospel Centre IGC) to start a domestic child support program targeting Australian children (Aboriginal and non aboriginal) under their eight pillar support scheme for children (2018)
• Developed the Education Sector Strategy Plan (ECD and Basic Education)for Save the Children International’s Iraq country program 2016 – 2018, Sri Lanka country strategy 2016-2018and North East Syria Strategy 2017
• Headed the School Safety Framework development for the Ministry of Education – Sri Lanka in 2015-16. School Safety Guideline was completed by 2016
• Lead the Pilot on the Literacy Boost concept in Sri Lanka and lead the adaptation and replication plenary with Ministry of Education – Sri Lanka
• Facilitated strategic plan development for the Pre School Education Bureau of the Eastern Province of Sri Lanka(2014)
• Facilitated and moderated the 3 year national strategy development for “Nenasala” (the village ICT center) programme of Information and Communications Technology Agency (ICTA) Sri Lanka (2013)
• Developed the Communications, PR, Marketing and Fund Raising plans (including donor relationship guidelines) for Room to Read Sri Lanka during 2010 &2011
• Developed training and capacity development strategies for all organizations worked.
Quality Programming Delivery and Technical Oversight
• Reviewed and introduced quality improvement initiatives and learning outcome oriented education program development in 3 country programs for Save the Children International
Developing the integrated and holistic approach for the education sector in Iraq and NE Syria in 2017Capacity Building and Leadership
• Improved communication and advocacy strategy for the Iraq Education sector
• Capacity building of national and international staff in Iraq Education sector.
• Contributed to winning proposals worth over USD 10 million in 2016 to 2018
• Engaged in partnership development with corporate sector for Save the Children International(2014-2015)
Master trainer, facilitator and moderator on Strategic Planning; Project planning, MEAL, Effective Communications and personality development
• Highest number of student recruitments for consecutive 3 years for Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) Sri Lanka (2004-2006)
• Developed new study programs with international affiliations for the London Business School in Sri Lanka (1999-2002)
Relevant Work Experience
• One Foundation – South Australia (formerly known as International Gospel Centre) – Volunteer – June 2018 Present
• Save the Children International – Iraq & North East Syria Program - Education Technical Advisor – Oct 2016 – Dec 2017
• Save the Children International – Sri Lanka -Senior Manager Education – May 2014 - August 2016
• Practical Action South Asia (Formerly ITDG) (India, Sri Lanka & Pakistan Programme) - Head of Programme Development – August 2011 to April 2014
• Room to Read Sri Lanka – March 2009 to August 2011 - Area Manager (Central & Uva provinces) and Communications & Public Relations Manager
• Save the Children in Sri Lanka -Programme Manager, Commonwealth Education Fund– July 2006 to March 2009
• Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) Sri Lanka - Student Counsellor - April 2004 to July 2006
• London Business School (Pvt) Ltd- Director of Studies, Manager Administration / Lecturer, Assistant Manager Administration & Training /Lecturer – May 1999 to April 2004 (progressed over the years)
• Computer Lab Instructor – IDM computer studies – Sri Lanka June 1998 – April 1999
• English Language Teacher – Department of Education – Sri Lanka – 1996-1998
• Master’s in Business Administration from University of Honolulu, USA – 2008 -2010
• Bachelor of Arts (Honors) from University of Colombo , Sri Lanka 1999-2002
(Economics, Sociology and International Relations as disciplines of the degree- Degree awarded on 1st September 2002)
1. “Education Administration in a Marginalized Community in Sri Lanka”, Dissertation submitted in partial fulfilment of the Masters in Business Administration degree from the University of Honolulu – USA in 2010
2. “Defining vulnerability criteria and eligibility for training”. A paper presented to the 1st national conference on technical education and eligibility, organized by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) & the International Labor Organization (ILO) in June 2008 as the inaugural workshop to establish the Vocational University in Sri Lanka.
• Diploma in Human Resource Management, London Business School -2004
• Diploma in Marketing, London Business School -2003
• ACS (Australian Computer Society) Examination -2001
• International Diploma in Computer Studies from National Computing Centre (NCC) UK -1998
• Diploma in Computer Studies –1997
• Certificate in Project Management in Development - 2018
• Certificate in Financial Management for Development Professionals - 2017
• Certificate in Becoming a Coaching Manager - 20418
• Certificate in Log frame development - 2018
• Certificate in Mastering Emotional Intelligence - 2018
• Certificate IV in Youth Work - Reading
• Obtained the South Australian Police Clearance Certificate
• Obtained DCSI clearance certificates for all vulnerable categories
career coaching lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with professional coaching lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about leadership lessons?
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$44||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$210||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$250|