- My primary goal as a tutor is to ensure the student develops their own personal strategies and techniques when faced with work. My tutoring philosophy centers around the idea of 'leading by example', I help the student get organised, motivated and prepared to tackle assignments by offering guidance on how to approach a task.
- My secondary goal is to ensure the student grasps the necessary skills to help them succeed in their studies. Whether they wish to bump a 'C' to a 'B', or a 'B' to an 'A', or even just maintain their grade average, I will try and make sure that happens! Strong foundations lead to strong buildings, so I always try to reinforce the fundamental skills of written/spoken English, essay writing, text analysis, creative writing and more.
- Every student is different, with different abilities and skills, therefore, my tutoring techniques will differ for everyone. However, for all my students, I will make certain that they are assisted in any way they can - without doing the work for them! I create portfolios for my students, with past work and current assignments, to ensure that I am actively involved in helping them create the best work they possibly can. I also am always conscientiously using my email account to stay in touch with students: for when they may have queries, or some text for me to proofread.
- I have had many tutors in my time at school, and I found that the most beneficial and successful ones were those who could communicate effectively with me and who managed to create a dialogue about the work I was doing. I wish to try and do the same for all my students: get them talking, thinking about their work, and in turn getting them motivated about doing their best in their studies, and accomplishing their schooling goals.
- Small amount of younger student tutoring in High School
- Super motivated to teach, tutor and learn at the same time!
- I am very young and can relate to the students I teach
- I am very professional in my manner
- I am very motivated to teach, and am passionate about my field of study
Travelling more than 30k will incur an additional $5.00 travel fee.
- Academic colors 2014-2017
- Top of subject award - English Literature (Extension)
- Accepted into Advanced Humanities at University of Queensland
- Accepted into English Literature at University of Melbourne
- Top 10 in Grade - English
- Gold academic endeavor award
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$160||Not available|