My teaching method is very practical and hands-on with a lot of emphasis on smart, thoughtful, and structured practice.
During most of the classes that I teach, I do. Which means that I do a lot of demonstrations and paint overs for the students showing them exactly step by step what needs to be done to complete the work.
The Classes are based on the level of proficiency that the individual possesses at the moment, and a well thought out plan for moving forward towards the specific goal in mind. Because of my experience with teaching students over the years, this will only take approximately 10 mins of the first lesson, per person, unless of course I'm provided with the information needed before the lessons for me to look at. This will save time and money for the students, and I'm more than happy to do before-hand without charge. Please keep this point in mind if you wish for a group tutorial. I suggest a maximum of ten students for each class. Otherwise, each student will not get the attention that they need to achieve their goals.
I like to have advance notice of the particular topics and goals, so as to prepare a list of required tools and supplies in order to accomplish your necessary goals.
Above all, I believe that a relaxed and fun environment is necessary to get creative juices flowing. But, at the same time, hard work is also necessary.
I am a Fulltime Freelance Illustrator and Animator. I've worked full time in these industries since 2003, and have done many exciting forms of art in that time from, Caricatures and Portraits at Fairs, to Cartoon Animations and Traditionally painted illustrations.
Some of the types of jobs that I've done for the companies I've worked with include, but are not limited to: Hand Drawn Cartoon Animation, Video Editing, Flash Animation, Motion Design, Concept Art, Portraiture, Caricatures, Graphic Design, Comic Books, and others.
I've exhibited in International Traditional Exhibitions and taught Portraiture, Figure Drawing, Landscapes and Digital painting in different organizations.
It's been an interesting and fulfilling journey. At present, I work Mostly in Illustration and Animation for small companies.
The rate of $50 an hour includes traveling up to an hours drive away (negotiable if close to an hour, or if you wish to proceed with consecutive lessons). It also stays the same up to a maximum of 5 students. After that, it's $5 extra per student, per hour, up to 10 students maximum. That means if there are ten students it will cost $50 per hour + 5 ($5) = 50 + 25 = $75/hr. That equates to about $7.50/hr for the ten students.
Also, I prefer to teach at the students' place, or somewhere mutually agreeable so they are more relaxed, and in a more comfortable environment making it easier for them to absorb the lessons. An example of a more neutral place could be a Library, Park, or even a Coffee Shop if preferred. Willing to discuss.
- Completed Commissioned Botanical And Wildlife Illustrations for various galleries in Fiji.
- Portrait and Caricature Illustrations. Private commissions.
- Taught Portraiture and Figure drawing with Art Organisation "CreatiViti".
- Exhibited in International "Biannale" with other Fine Artists from around the World.
- Held 3 Private Exhibitions
- Completed Commissioned Illustrations for various graphics companies.
- Completed 239 Murals for Shangri-La Hotels in Fiji
- Continued Portrait and Caricature commissions
- Continued Private and National Fine Art Exhibitions
- Chosen to attend Beijing Olympics as a representative for the artist community of Fiji
2010-2013: (Moved to Australia in 2010)
- Continued Private Portrait and Caricature commissions for individuals in Australia and Internationally.
- Did Illustrations for various Magazines, especially Magazine Covers. Done for various magazines locally and abroad.
- Wed Design
- Concept Design for Graphics Companies, including Mascot Design.
- Started to teach Portraiture, Figure Drawing, and Caricature online.
- Illustrations for Companies and Individuals
- Concept Design: Character Design, Environment Design, Prop Design, Set Design, e.t.c.
- Simple compositing and video editing
- 2D animation: Hand drawn and Flash animation.
- Private Tutor for individuals and small groups: Traditional Portraiture and Figure Drawing, Landscape painting, and other genres, in various mediums from Oil Paints to Watercolours.
drawing lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with painting lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about watercolour painting lessons?
Taking illustration lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$225||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$500||$300|