I have extensive experience with a range of students, but most recent experience is with secondary school students in groups, as well as more student-centred individual tutorial classes. My classes focus on achieving clear language based learning objectives outlined from the outset, either directly from the student, or achievable goals that I feel will be most beneficial to the student.
I approach each student individually and techniques used are vast and flexible, depending on what the students´goals are. Above all, I feel that patience, empathy and teacher-student rapport are most valuable for effective classes.
English Literature graduate, recently relocated to Bristol from Barcelona, Spain. Hold 10 years teaching experience in both TEFL teaching, and 5 years teaching English Literature and American SAT prep in an International secondary school. Currently completing a Masters in Philosophy.
At least 24 hours cancellation or notice of postponement. Otherwise lessons will be charged.
Currently located in Barcelona, Spain, relocating to Bristol, UK in Summer 2018
• Qualified, flexible and open-minded English and Language Arts educator, 1ST year MA in Philosophy completed, TEFL qualified, teacher with over 10 years of experience working in education in roles that include research and library assistance, teaching English as a foreign language in Spain, and 5 years secondary school literature teacher.
High School English Literature teacher at ES International School, Barcelona, Spain.
• Teaching Contemporary, World, American and British Literature as well as Journalism classes to grades 9 to 12 (14-18 year old international students)
• Classes also include Preparatory Classes for PSAT and SAT
• Curriculum designed and adapted, based on American Common Core standard to reflect the importance of literacy and critical thinking to learners in a contemporary classroom environment.
• Faculty editor for The Review student magazine with use of Window DTP from 2014-2017
English Language teacher, Barcelona, Spain.
• TEFL classes for both in-company adults and general language schools; children and adults. Employers include The Meeting Point, Callan, School of English and The Language Club, both based in Barcelona.
Library Assistant, TFPl: Libraries and Research Agency, London, UK.
• Provided library and archive support to Central Saint Martins, Southampton Row Schools of Art and Tower Hamlets college libraries.
Library Assistant, North Finchley Public Library, London UK.
• Saturday support library assistant
Restaurant Manager, Noodle Nation, High Wycombe, UK
• Overseeing restaurant operations and staff.
Post Graduate Masters Degree in Philosophy, Open University
TEFL Qualification, TEFL International, Barcelona.
BA Honours Degree in Media Studies with English Literature and Creative Writing, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College.
• Upper intermediate/conversational fluency in Spanish
• Good and clear communication skills, oral and written at all levels
• Critical thinker
• Digital literacy for both IOS and Windows software including desktop publishing
• Strong emotional intelligence
• Part time study for a my Philosophy Masters with the OU
• I have a passion for art and try to educate myself on styles and artists
• Interior design
• Playing the drums- in a band as well as lessons as a student
Advanced CRB Clearance holder (Last dated September 2017) for both Britain and Spain.
2 References Available upon request.
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about literature lessons?
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|