My teaching methods based on the classes are : facilitator, I allow the student to explore and find answer through activities. Also i sometime use the hybrid style that blends the teacher’s personality and interests with students’ needs and curriculum-appropriate methods.Sometimes and when necessary I use the demonstrator approach
I am an Epidemiology Surveillance Officer in charge of the western Region of Jamaica. My core responsibilities also include: Assisting with the development of surveillance programmes, identifying high risk areas and recommending corrective action.Collecting and analyzing data to establish trends, develop health policies and programmes.Conducting epidemiological investigations.
OBJECTIVES: To bring transformation to the lives of individuals, groups, organizations, communities and countries by utilizing my skills, creativity, work experience and education in the field of Public Health, to influence positive changes in Health Care and Environmental ManagemeQUALIFICATION: Masters in Transformational Leadership (MATL)
Masters in Public Health (MPH) Specialize in Epidemiology
Professional Certificate in Project Management
Diploma in Public Health Inspection
Diploma in Meat & Other Foods Inspection
Diploma in Teaching
EXPERIENCE: Public Health Officer
St. James Public Health Services
Ministry of Health
St James, Jamaica
Caribbean Region Environmental Programme (CREP)
Alpha-Step Pre & Prep School
Sandy Bay, Hanover
Evangelical Friends Church in Jamaica
Sandy Bay, Hanover
Lecturer in Public Health
UWI School of Continuing Studies
Montego Bay, Jamaica
• Manage incoming data on influenza, arboviruses, and syndromes.
• Monitor trends in syndromes and prepare written reports on same weekly.
• Prepare notifiable disease (including influenza and arbovirus) reports for submission to the senior Technical Team of the Ministry of Health and International partners.
Lecture , host workshop in Public Health and Disease Control
• Assist with laboratory surveillance.
• Attend and participate in weekly and monthly surveillance meetings.
• Participate in special surveys and other research activities as required.
• Participate in local, regional and international, conferences and seminars
• Perform any other surveillance related duties as assigned by the Medical Epidemiologist
• Inspect and collect samples from all necessary establishments and imports to ensure that public health standards are maintained according to regulations.
• Advise and educate on environmental health issues to ensure compliance with regulations and the health and safety of others.
• Enforce Public Health and any other relevant laws and regulations.
• Investigate, advise and take action on the control of rodents and insects in and around the port in order to reduce or prevent the spread of vector borne/communicable disease.
• Investigate disease outbreaks among travellers and apply the required surveillance or quarantine measures in order to reduce the spread of diseases.
• Compile reports as required and assist with the evaluation of the environmental impact assessments of existing and proposed development projects around the port of entry.
• Collaborate with other agencies on matters of common interest in order to effect and enhance border security.
• Participate in legal proceeding in cases which involve offences of public health regulations.
• Monitor and supervise the collection and disposal of sewage and solid waste at the port to ensure that it is disposed of correctly.
• Inspect and clear conveyances in accordance with Public health and Quarantine Regulation
• Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
• Motivate and inspire community for change in attitude and lifestyle
• Oversee church district.
• Recruit and train Pastors.
• Inspect food establishments
• Write work plans and schedule activities
• Conduct Port Health inspection of vessels at airports and sea ports
• Participate in and Conduct Food Handlers Clinic
• Host Public Health forums,/ training seminars, workshops with inter-sectional groups with the airport
• Monitor and ensure compliance to occupational health standards in work environments
• Founded and directed early childhood educational institution.
• Perform school administrative functions
• Successfully build and lead teams
• Write curriculum for children age 2yers -12 years.
• Facilitate change within teams.
• Formulate operations policies for students, staff and for organizations
• Recruit and train staff.
• Write training manuals
• Ably represent organizations at the governmental and at the international level.
• Host and chair organizational meetings.
• Plan and implement project plans
• Create workplans
• Prepare monthly and quarterly and annual reports.
SKILLS: Computer skills
Public Speaking skills
Life coaching skills
Pioneering and insightful
INTEREST: President: Woman For Progress Women’s Group
Facilitator: Youth mentoring program.
Food distribution program,
ACTIVITIES: Hobbies: Lecturing ,Writing poetry, reading, inspirational writing. Meeting people from different cultures, storytelling .
health and human development lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with public health lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about epidemiology lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$199|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$397|