My teaching method is adaptive to my students' learning abilities! I tend to establish a trustworthy environment where the most effective learning tools for each individual student are explored and applied. I approach topics according to students' goals and priorities.
I'm a Marine Biology postgrad student (JCU) with a Bachelor degree in Animal Biology (England). Biology has been my favourite subject for as long as I can remember and it is something I have been studying all my life and even more extensively for the past 5 years. I love teaching Biology (almost as much as I love learning it)!
Currently completing: Master of Science (Marine Biology and Ecology) currently with a Distinction average at James Cook University (JCU) in Townsville, Australia.
Completed in 2017: Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Animal Biology – Awarded degree of Bachelor of Science with Second Class Honour’s (1st Division) at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) in England.
Completed in 2014: American High School Degree (3.63 GPA) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Program – Carlucci American International School of Lisbon (CAISL) in Portugal.
(Aug. 2018 - Current) Committee Member at JCU Turtle Love & Conservation Society – Townsville, Australia:
• Helping with planning and executing activities;
• Maintaining social media activity;
• Setting up informative and social events.
(Jul. 2018 - Current) Team Leader at JCU Turtle Health and Research Caraplace – Townsville, Australia:
• Supervising volunteer work and assisting researchers;
• Following strict regulations;
• Working with people from various backgrounds;
• Leading people from diverse backgrounds.
(Aug. 2017 - Nov. 2017) Marine Mammal Researcher at Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation – Samos, Greece:
• Leading field work;
• Running various projects and initiating my own;
• Checking over team members' work;
• Communicating with locals and tourists.
(Oct. 2016 - Jul. 2017) Events & Promotional Staff at NTSU – Nottingham, England:
• Advertising (social media and flyering);
• Organizing information stalls;
• Working with considerable independence in decision-making, time management and workload;
• Training new/temporary staff and managing team.
(Jan. 2015 - Jun. 2017) Umpire/Sport Student-Staff at NTU and BUCS – East Midlands, England:
• Working as Volleyball match official;
• Making objective decisions under pressure;
• Planning game days and managing match officials.
(Dec. 2016 - Jan. 2017) Volunteer/Educator/Guide at Projeto TAMAR – Ubatuba, São Paulo, Brazil:
• Educating visitors about the environment;
• Creating innovative ways of engaging children;
• Supporting visitors with questions and concerns during visits;
• Providing tours in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French.
(Dec. 2015 - Jul. 2016) Receptionist/Events Staff at Restaurante Bica do Sapato – Lisbon, Portugal:
• Welcoming customers and supervising welcome crew;
• Working in high-quality, fast-paced environment;
• Managing tasks effectively.
• Portuguese (native/experienced user – C2);
• English (fluent/experienced user – C2);
• Spanish (independent user – B2);
• French (independent user – B2).
• Highly motivated and goal oriented;
• Able to work in a group as well as by myself;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to critical situations and different scenarios;
• Great at multitasking and very flexible when it comes to work demands;
• Enthusiastic to learn from and teach others;
• Proactive and able to think outside the box;
• Pay close attention to detail;
• Several years of public speaking (audiences of up to 1,000 people);
• Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• First Aid and CPR (Aug. 2018);
• Advanced Open Water Diver (PADI);
• Volleyball Referee (Volleyball England – Grade 4);
• Volleyball Coach (Volleyball England – Level 1).
Additional Information and Interests
• Play recreationally in Townsville;
• Sports Executive Volunteering and Welfare Officer at NTU: ran 66+ University Sports Clubs, helped them participate in volunteering events, provided guidance throughout the year);
• NTU Volleyball Club Committee Member: President in 3rd Year, Vice President in 2nd Year;
• NTU Volleyball Player: First Team player for all 3 years at University, Captain in my last year and 2nd captain in 2nd year; selected as a most valuable player (MVP) in a number of occasions; participated in several national and international school tournaments;
• Football and Basketball: CAISL team player and captain between 2005 and 2014; selected as a most valuable player (MVP) in a number of occasions; participated in several national and international school tournaments.
• Community Service: in Middle and High School I participated in and organized food drives, visits to elderly homes, house-building and recycling activities alongside the Community Service Club;
• Student Council: elected Vice President in Junior Year and grade representative in Middle and High School for five years, being highly involved in strategic development areas and organizing events for up to 500 people (contests, fundraising activities, celebrations).
Model United Nations (MUN):
• Debated current issues, organized several conferences (2007-2014); participated in the largest conference in the world (THIMUN), having spoken in front of about 1,000 people at the World Forum (Hague, Holland).
Amazing professional with Great Skills like Organization and Communication!
A very responsible and dedicated girl, focused in teaching and always concerned with her students.
She is great
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with genetics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about anatomy lessons?
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|