A happy, friendly and organised teacher, able to motivate reluctant learners, or put at ease nervous students. I have years of experience in building up student's confidence and getting results in reading!
Lessons will be based around exploring and learning, using different cognitive methods to aid memory and understanding. I work on the principle 'Involve me and I learn', which means that learning is student led, fun and memorable!
Cancellations allowed up to 12 hours in advance: free
After this first half an hour charged.
Alice is a dedicated and hardworking educator, who has a passion for teaching and nurturing others. She is able to apply her excellent teaching practices outside the classroom to effectively support and enthuse others. I would highly recommend Alice. Thank you for all your help!
Alice's is an experienced teacher who loves history. Teaching in primary school alice has become excellent st teaching a wide range of topics. She is very patient and great at explaining things.
I have 3 years experience of teaching in a classroom, with many more working in childcare, as well as teaching coding to smaller groups. I have had classes of up to 32 but many that are much smaller. Students in my class are happy, have grown in confidence and have achieved the yearly expected level, or beyond.
September 2014- April 2017: Bromstone Primary School, Class Teacher and History Lead.
Bromstone is a Primary school catering for 600 pupils from ages 4-11 in Broadstairs, England. My duties as a class teacher and history lead included:
• Provide high-quality teaching and maintain the progression of my Year 3 class (age 7-8) and using appropriate assessment techniques to ensure the class of 30 pupils achieved the correct level during the course of the year.
• Use teaching strategies to engage and allow all students to access the learning and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, including receiving extensive training on the 2014 (new) curriculum in Maths, English and Reading.
• Differentiate and adapt learning to include those with Special Educational Needs and those with English as an Additional language.
• Working as part of a team with other teachers, teaching assistants and managers to plan appropriate and engaging lessons and delegate tasks accordingly over the year group members (which involved 90 Year 3 pupils).
• Liaising and facilitating the work of other adults in the class room, including Teaching Assistants and volunteers, to ensure their time is used in an effective way to ensure the progression of all pupils.
• Maintained a supportive and safe learning environment by using many strategies to promote positive 'behaviour for learning' and to ensure the emotional and social well-being of all students, as well as engaging with parents/carers to support this.
• Continually improve professional development, including attending staff training meetings and outside CPD. This includes recently updated Child Protection training (February 2017), PREVENT training (April 2017) and Epipen use training (2016).
• Input and analyse data using online systems, such as SIMS and iTrack.
July 2017-present (casual work, school holiday specific): Code Camp.
Code camp is an Australian company that offers school holiday instruction in coding, including creating an app, to children aged 5 and up. My duties included:
• Creating and maintaining a safe and happy environment, including building a rapport with the children attending camp.
• Preparing to potentially access the first aid skills that I have been trained in (anaphylaxis).
• Following, and altering, a lesson plan to fit the needs and wants of the students in the class.
• Active supervision of the children at breaks and lunch, as well as safe drop off and pick up.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|