MS: Statistics (CSU)
BA: Mathematics (CU Boulder)
BA: Biochemistry (CU Boulder)
Scored in 99% for GRE Math Section, and similarly in SAT Math Section
Fluent in Spanish
Expertise in programming
Teacher's Assistant while in Graduate school
I've taught graduate level and undergraduate statistics courses
All around nice guy
For High School level Math - $40/hour
For College - 50/hour
Exam Prep - will have to discuss a package deal
Tymen is a trustworthy teacher because he is very honest and sincere as a person and when teaching. He was my calculus tutor and did an amazing job explaining concepts to me that seemed impossible to understand. He is very patient and takes the time to understand where you are getting stuck. I was able to get an A in all my calculus classes because of his help. Im now working as a Nuclear engineer and would not be here without him. I learned so much from him!
- Most importantly - I find it satisfying when I find a clever approach to make a concept that a student struggles with become intuitive.
- I have helped hundreds of students get through everything from Algebra to MS Stats courses.
- Additionally, I have taught graduate level and undergraduate level courses. I have served as a teacher's assistant in which students could visit my office and ask any question they desired.
- I'm creative in finding approaches to make seemingly difficult concepts understandable. Human beings understand visual representations of relationships.
- I've found that it's easier to learn a mathematical concept when informed of the motivating reason for "why am I learning this?" - I make every effort to describe what each lesson is building towards.
- Learning how to frame a problem is fundamental... critical thinking takes practice, but I do try to provide guidance.
Completed MS in Statistics and Dual Undergraduate degrees in Mathematics/Biochemistry.
Professional Statistician, but I enjoy teaching.
Very effective at producing structured lessons.
Patient - I too have struggled through during the course of my studies. I try to steer students away from useless rabbit-holes thought processes.
Additionally, expertise in tools such as SPSS, R, and Python
Expertise in graphs, and how to make graphs be a student's friend.
Fluent in Spanish
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$63||Not available||$63|
|5 hours||$283||Not available||$315|
|10 hours||$441||Not available||$630|