Being an English teacher is my occupation and vocation. I am a Master of Arts in English teaching and Applied Linguistics, Griffith University, Australia. After graduation, I taught at Griffith University and a variety of language academies in Australia, England, Scotland, Spain in addition to being a private tutor. Overall, I spent 8 years teaching students from different countries, cultural backgrounds, level of proficiency and age groups.
In my teaching, I follow and effective method mastered during my studies and teaching practice - a communicative student-centred approach. It means I explain neither grammar nor vocabulary in a traditional way. I make you think, reflect, learn and arrive at conclusions not just receive given results from your teacher. I put you in the centre and help you to feel the language, comprehend its core and the way it functions.
During the classes, we will have a lot of practical work. You will learn how to behave appropriately in a y real-life situation. In other words, you'll be able to cope with whatever life throws at you in English. I pay attention to your pronunciation: I will correct your sounds and meticulously work on the improvement of your accent until it's native-like. I can teach three distinct types of English accents: Australian, British and American. You choose which one you prefer to become an expert in.
General English classes:
60min. - 24€
TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, GESE, ISE exam preparations:
60min. - 26€
I like Helen’s way of teaching. Mixing up grammar material with vocabulary, sharing her experience of English learning, she made our classes saturated, dynamic and productive. However, what I liked the most were speaking clubs with Helen. Interesting topics, creative tasks and nice time spending with English practice. In general, my English level raised up tangibly after our lessons, as I attended classes willingly and gained pleasure from study.
Helen is a very qualified teacher, she tailors English classes to your needs and brings your skills to a whole different level. You won't get bored because she is very funny and she knows what to do in every moment to get your attention. In addition, she uses a very good method and always corrects your mistakes. Although she is a young teacher, her English knowledge is top-notch and because she speaks Spanish the learning curve is easier.
Helen is the best teacher that I have ever had. Her English classes are very complete because we continually go over the vocabulary we learnt in the previous class, practise the pronuntiation, do listenings, use collocations, etc. Moreover, her classes are really dynamic, we don’t stop, there is no time to loose. I feel that this is the first time that I am improving my English very fast! In a few months I have noticed that it has become much easier for me to understand a native accent. In addition, my speaking is better as well. Without any doubts Helen is the teacher that I have been looking for for years!
Whether it is an improvement of spoken English skills or an exam preparation, you will reach your goals with me. Not only my education and experience secure this, but also my personality - I am friendly, considerate, supportive and down to earth. You will find it extremely easy to gain confidence, open up and practice your English in every day real-life situations. Moreover, I take my classes seriously and always tailor lessons according to your needs. Therefore, whether you would like to become fluent in English for personal reasons, study/work abroad or pass IELTS, TOEFL or CAE - give it a go, you will be satisfied with your decision.
On a different note, as it is crucial for a teacher to see and hear students clearly during the classes for your successful learning process, you are required to have an excellent internet connection and a laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro, Samsung Notebook 9, etc.).
- Master of Arts in English teaching/Applied Linguistics, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
- Bachelor's degree in English teaching/Translation/Interpreting, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
- IELTS (The International English Language Testing System), grade 8.5, Middlesex University, Great Britain, England, London.
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English), grade A, Middlesex University, London, England, United Kingdom.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), score 118, Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, Australia.
- Certificate: "Cutting edge techniques in IELTS and TOEFL teaching", Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
- Certificate: "Modern approaches to FCE, CAE, CPE teaching", The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia.
- Certificate: "Communicative student-centred teaching, master the future", The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia.
- Certificate: "Communicative teaching - contemporary methods", University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), level C1, Valencia, Spain.
esl (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$38|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$190|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$380|