I can help students prepare for their year 12 exams in all areas of the French language. I am also a VCE oral examiner. My philosophy is to immerse the student in the language, as well as consolidating their reading and writing skills.
I have over twenty years of teaching experience and approximately 15 years teaching Years 11 & 12 in both VCE and IB French. I have helped my students achieve very high scores in their final VCE and IB standard and high level examinations.
2018 Commencing Graduate Certificate in Creative Arts at Deakin University
2018 Agent’s Representative’s course at Benchmark IQ
2017 Special Needs Professional Development
2017 Restorative training workshop
2016 Level 2 First Aid Training
Anaphylaxis update training
2016 HTAV Middle Years conference
2016 VCAA French Assessor training
2016 Critical Agendas- Get the best out of your VCE students
2015 MALTV Seminar
Level 2 First Aid Training
Anaphylaxis update training
2014 International Baccalaureate Accreditation Level 2
2007 International Baccalaureate Accreditation Level 1
2001 Graduate Diploma of Education at ACU – LOTE, History and Religious Education
2000 Bachelor of Arts – History and French Deakin University
2005- current Kardinia International College, Kardinia Drive, Bell Post Hill
Senior French Teacher of accelerated French classes from Year 8 -12
• Humanities/ History teacher to Year 7-9
• Extra-curricular activities – Convenor for Lifelong Learning – assisting students to interact with dementia patient-
• Convenor of French club at school including French cooking classes for students
• Organised and chaperoned three exchange trips to France for students for periods of 8 weeks, 6 weeks and 5 weeks
2007-2012 Head of French Department and IB and VCE Year 12 French teacher
2005- Temporary Relief Teacher at Clonard Girls’ College
• I taught English to Year 7-11
• VCE History- Revolutions
• French to Year 7-11
2002-2004 Sacred Heart School, Beagle Bay, Broome
• Teaching as a generalist teacher in an Indigenous community to students with special needs. Most students did not speak Australian English and had very low literacy and numeracy issues.
• Duties included making links and liaising with the Indigenous elder and the students ‘extended families
• Teaching Religious Education
• Health and Drug Education
• Prevention of Sexual abuse
• I was the only white teacher in the community to go camping in the bush with the Indigenous people and students and experience living in the humpies and to go hunter gathering.
• I experienced the Dreamtime first hand and learnt a lot about surviving in the outback
2001-2002 Sacred Heart College – Geelong
• French and Religious Education teacher –Year 7-10
Memberships: Lifecorp real estate investment group
Alliance Française de Geelong
INTERESTS: Buying and selling properties in Australia and France
Learning other languages
HOBBIES Reading, Pilates, swimming
I am a native French speaker, I can also converse in Italian and I have some knowledge of Spanish.
Available upon request
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - french lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - french lessons?
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|