Hello! I am a 24 year old American male who graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago. I majored in Earth & Environmental Sciences and minored in English and am passionate about both subjects. I recently moved to Hobart and would love to gain some more tutoring experience before I return to the States to pursue a master's degree in education. I am patient, easy-going, and friendly. Most of all I love to help people any way that I could.
Jacob is an excellent English tutor. He has natural talent with writing outstanding essays. Jacob taught me writing skills in high school that helped me excel throughout my college English courses. I highly recommend him.
Jacob’s an excellent teacher! In high school, I was really struggling with Algebra. He helped me clearly understand the concepts and was instrumental in me passing the class. I learned a lot. Highly recommend!
Jacob has helped me edit my essays many times throughout my years at university. He is extremely helpful and offers tips for improvement whenever he can. I trust his opinions and am very thankful for all of his help!
University of Illinois at Chicago Writing Center Tutor-
Too many students to count throughout four years, all needed help developing their writing skills. Many of which returned to show me their improved grades and a smile on their face.
Private tutoring- I started tutoring in my teenage years when I noticed I excelled in my English Literature/Writing courses. My pupils were mainly family-friends of whom I was already acquainted with or soon became good friends with.
Bachelor of Science- May 2015
Major in Earth & Environmental Sciences
Minor in English
Laboratory Technician- July 2015- May 2017
- Prepared, analyzed and tested wastewater samples using the following analyses: alkalinity, hardness, total ammonia, pH, specific oxygen uptake rate, residual chlorine, chloride, oil & grease, Total Kjedahl Nitrogen content, conductivity, turbidity, total solids, settable solids , free alkali, sodium bisulfite and biochemical oxygen demand
Assistant of Prof. Kathryn Nagy, University of Illinois at Chicago
September 2014- May 2015
- Collected, mapped, and analyzed soil samples from various locations around Chicago for mercury concentration in order to develop an understanding of the effects of coal-fired power plant emissions on soil health
May 2015- June 2015
Performed various environmental restoration activities in national parks
Conservation Volunteers- New Zealand
June 2014- July 2014
- Planted over 800 native tree species in areas dominated by invasive species
- Eradicated invasive species and aided in the restoration of native habitats
UIC Office of Sustainability, Dining Services Intern
January 2015- May 2015
- Established a Food Recovery Network for the campus cafeteria. Donated freshly frozen foods to various homeless shelters and soup kitchens. Improved campus sustainability and spread awareness regarding sustainable practices.
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|