I am an Education student completing my BA (Hons) this year and passionate about bilingual education. I would like to hear more people and students speaking German and support everyone who is keen to refresh their language skills.
I am happy to tailor my lessons around your needs, so whether you are travelling abroad and just need to get your way around, would like to order food in a restaurant, get in touch with family or friends on the other side of the world, keep in touch with your pen pal, had German at school and like to learn it again, have a German date and would like to impress them, or just like the language for what it is: I will make it suitable for YOU! :)
We can either meet up in Sydney or have a Skype conversation, whatever works out for the both of us! I am also happy to teach a pair, friends or a group of people at the same time.
My rate is a flat rate so it does not depend on whether you are a beginner or at an intermediate level. However, I am happy to discuss discounts for children and university students.
I am happy to travel to your place if that makes you more comfortable and you feel more confident in your familiar learning environment, but please note that this will incur an additional $5. If you are further away than 15km, the travel expense will be $10.
My cancellation policy outlines that you are required to give me at least 24 hours notice prior a scheduled lesson in order to not be charged. If you cancel on me last minute (> 24 hours), the full fee will be charged.
She's kind and caring. Well educated and knowledgeable in both English and German, as well as being a patient teacher. We studied at the same university for a time and I am glad to call her my friend.
Between February and April 2017, have tutored two teenagers in Maths and helped them to pass their exams.
Since July 2017, I have been employed by Goodstart Early Learning in Brisbane and Sydney, both on a contract and on a casual basis, as a Senior Educator as well as an Educator. It has allowed me to enhance my skills in educating, understanding, negotiating, nurturing and multitasking. Not only have I undertaken educational tasks, but also administrative tasks, such as planning and programming.
Growing up as a sequential trilingual myself in a multicultural city called Stuttgart, Germany, I have received the opportunity to learn German (native), Italian (native but beginner) and English (non-native but fluent) and develop multicultural awareness. Moreover, as part of the last year of my Bachelor of Honours degree, I am required to submit a research dissertation for which I have chosen bilingualism to be my topic. Therefore, I strongly emphasise bilingual education and am happy to provide this learning opportunity to other people.
09/2015 - 05/2018
Bachelor of Honours Early Childhood with Psychology @ University of East London, Stratford, United Kingdom
• Overall grade: Distinction (Second Class, Upper Division; equivalent to 6 Grade Point).
07/2016 - 07/2017
Bachelor of Education (ECE) Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
James Cook University, Townsville, QLD (Student Exchange Program)
• Overall grade Study Period 1: Distinction (6 Grade Point), Study Period 2: Credit (5 Grade Point).
09/2009 - 01/2012
Commercial High School Wirtschaftsgymnasium West, Stuttgart, Germany
• Achieving the Fachhochschulreife (a higher education entrance qualification)
• School representative and team leader for regional debating team.
• 1st place in three regional debating competitions
Jul 2016 – Jul 2017
Temporary helper (voluntary) @ James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Achievement & Responsibilities
• Represent German, English and international students, as well as University Hall and the University of East London at JCU’s Student Panel.
• Presenting the Young Language Ambassador Conference 2017 in Cairns and Townsville. • Support JCU staff at Completion Ceremony and Australia Awards Scholarships event.
• Playing one of the leading roles in several commercials, being part of the photoshoot for
JCU’s advertisement and giving an interview to ABC news and WIN Television.
• Student Member of Townsville Chamber of Commerce 2016/2017.
• Participant at the Civic Reception for International Students at Townsville City Council
• Helping hand at events held by JCU (Café International and Free Lunch Friday).
• JCU Student Association committee member and Young Language Ambassador 2017.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|