I am passionate about sharing my love of English to younger students. I remember the academic demands I faced during school, and because of this I am empathetic with my students and their individual challenges - I want to see my students reach their academic potential. I understand their need to be confident in their comprehension and expression of English, even if it is not their strongest subject. The lesson structure must commence with a clear objective, so that each student understands what they need to achieve from the lesson. Objectives need to be flexible depending on the individual’s weaknesses and strengths.
My teaching method aims to break down each lesson into a clearly defined task with a clear and straightforward goal to achieve by the end of the session.
I also use the experience I have gained from studying English Literature as my major at University.
The rate may vary depending on the distance I would have to travel in order to tutor (just considering distance, and fuel for my car)
I am studying a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Wollongong, with English Literature and History as my Double Major. I have tutored two High School Students in English, both of whom gained a deeper understanding of this discipline and their texts under study; they have passed all their assignments and exams during the past year I have worked with them and this has been deeply satisfying. My mother is a Secondary English and Drama Teacher. She was my English teacher and with her counsel, I excelled in English. She also showed me the value of believing in students, even if they do not always fully comprehend the nuances of language, tenacity and discipline will reap rewards.
The challenge of inspiring students to develop the reading and writing skills so they may successfully explore the language within literature is a motivating force in why I love to tutor English.
7 Gray Street Woonona 2517
2016-2018 (current) - Bachelor of Arts (English Literature and History Major)
University of Wollongong
Achieved High Distinction in Victorian English Literature
April 2017- Present - Afterschool Care and Tutoring for High School Students.
• Specific engagement and assistance of a High School student in Year Ten with her English and Maths homework given to her during the week, as well as English homework and exam preparation for another High School student preparing for her final Year 12 examinations. Both students have been successful in their studies
• Exercised patience and understanding, whilst teaching students Revision Techniques to prepare them mentally for the necessary studies to excel in their chosen disciplines.
• To set clear objectives in all academic tasks and ensure the student achieves these within each session.
June 2017- December 2017- Scripture Teaching in Local Primary Schools
• Engaging with Kindergarten class and resolving to find the suitable means and method to best captivate children of a young age
• Learning to be tolerant and accepting of children with varying difficulties and challenges, as well as being responsible and assertive in ensuring aims of the lesson are achieved.
Ref: Kaitlyn Dixon (Children’s Minister) +61 (concealed information)
2017 March to December 2017 – Teacher Helper for ‘English as a Second Language’ (ESL)
St Mark’s Anglican Church West Wollongong
• Direct engagement with foreign students learning English as a second language.
• Assisted two fulltime teachers throughout the year, which resulted in three students moving from Beginners’ to Intermediate Level.
• Developed my skills in communication, which culminated in greater patience and understanding whilst working with students of different cultures and learning English as a second language.
• Formed strong relationships with the students and delighted in witnessing them develop strong skills, allowing them to move forward in their comprehension, listening and speaking of the English Language.
Reference: Jan Williams (EFL Coordinator) +61 (concealed information)
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, poetry lessons for all!
Taking text commentary lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$175||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$350||Not available|