Instead of a traditional method of teaching, I follow a task-based method in which students actively participate in the learning process. I believe in individual care. I can easily build a rapport with my students which makes it easier to know them.
I am a Middle School English teacher having an academic background in English Language and Literature. I had been a Graduate Teaching Assistant while pursuing my MA degree in TESOL. Along with teaching in school, I have 6 years experience of private tuitions.
Address: Unit 607, 16 Harvey Street, Darwin, NT 0800
Mobile: (concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
Dedicated and adaptable Middle School English Teacher with an academic experience in English Language and Literature. A TESOL practitioner having excellent research potential as well as a publication track record and a good standard of written English. Energetic Sales Associate efficient at multi-tasking and maintaining a friendly attitude under pressure. I thrive in dynamic environments and love nothing better than a new challenge where I can utilize all my leadership quality and make a significant contribution.
January, 2019- Current
Casual Sales Assistant, Darwin Auto Motors
• Assist customers to choose the right vehicles observing their preferences
• Make customers aware of car warranties, insurance policies and finance options; helping them to apply for finance and process further documentation
• Resolve customer complaints and report the sales manager in case of unforeseeable incident.
• Focus on the potential customers and maintain a hearty interaction while helping them to learn about the products and services
• Received consistently positive feedback posted by the customers on our website and facebook page
• Successfully implemented innovative ideas to boost sales
• Increased the loyalty or satisfaction of existing customers and decreased customer complaints
April, 2015- November, 2017
Middle School English Teacher, Oxford International School, Dhaka
• Planning task-based lessons to stimulate learning
• Developed and enforced innovative student-centered teaching ideas to make the classroom more lively
• Working with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges
• Communicated with the parents about their child’s progress
• Assessing students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as well as Grade students’ assignments to monitor their progress
• In-charge of the school library as additional duty
• Member of Quality Assurance Unit
• Successfully arranged a central Story Telling Competition among the library members with the collaboration of British Council
• Monitored and groomed students for National Debate Competition
• Built a rapport with the teachers and parents
February, 2016- December, 2016
Research Assistant, English Language Training Project for Migrants, BRAC, Bangladesh
• Assisting the project consultant in conducting literature review and traveling to field sites to collect and record data and samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study
• Preparing and piloting the questionnaires
• Conducting and recording face-to-face and telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
• Reviewing and editing data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
• Completed a research paper entitled “Risks and Challenges Prior to Migration: Is Language Barrier an Issue?” published in Panini, Vol. 13; North South University Press, 2017
• Developed communication skills and critical thinking and efficiency in attention to detail, scheduling interviews and analyzing statistical data
December, 2016- September, 2017
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of English, North South University, Bangladesh
• Helping the professor in designing the course outline, preparing study materials, constructing tests and checking the exam scripts
• Invigilating during exams; grading essays and quizzes
• Working with students one-on-one; learning about problems they are having with the course material.
• Learnt the basics of instructional design; developing a course syllabus based on learning objectives
• Recruited by the professor for three consecutive semesters due to excellent performance and dedication towards work
Master of Arts in TESOL
North South University, Bangladesh
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
National University, Bangladesh
● Volunteer at Australian Red Cross since February, 2019
● Presented a research paper in an International Conference hosted by North South University, 2017
● Winner at Chinese Bridge Competition, 2014
● Winner at several national debate competitions arranged by Dhaka Shishu Academy
● Participated in Teachers’ Awareness of Educational Goals and Learning Style Workshop-2016 hosted by YSA (Youth Service America)
● Participated in O’ Levels Teachers Training program hosted by British Council, 2016
Capable of communicating in the following languages:
• Mandarin (Chinese) - Excellent
• Hindi- Excellent
• Arabic- Moderate
• English- Excellent
• Bangla –Excellent
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about written comprehension - english lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|