Lessons I provide will be geared towards students who not only want to do well in exams but also enjoy the subject material. Lessons will be discussion based and participation from both tutor and student will be required. The idea being to provide a less formal approach to study in a fashion that can make it enjoyable.
I have been a full time teacher in Ireland for six years at high school level. I have taught Biology, Chemistry, Science and Mathematics for all six years. Classes are between 24-30 students. I have also been a private tutor most of these years giving one on one tutoring as well as groups up to three students. Every student I have tutored has met their expectations.
Professional Diploma in Mathematics - Ongoing
University of Limerick, Ireland
Post Graduate Diploma in Education – May 2011
University College Dublin, Ireland
BSc (Hons) – May 2009
National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Certification in First Aid
Introduction to Scratch programming
RELEVENT WORK HISTORY
September 2011 – June 2017
Secondary School Teacher, St. Mary’s Academy, Railway Road, Carlow Town, Co. Carlow, Ireland
• Taught Science, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology to classes of all abilities.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft office:
• Occupied the role of Department Head of Science for 4 years.
• Was responsible for maintaining and stocking equipment for all three laboratories in the school.
• Ensured the most recently constructed laboratory was fully equipped and met health and safety standards.
• Ensured all members of the Science Department met Department of Education standards regarding class plans and subject schemes of work.
• Trained the U14 and U16 Gaelic football teams as well as arranging matches and travelling with the team as their guardian.
• Carried out lighting and spotlight for the school musical in the George Bernard Shaw Theatre.
• Worked as the sound engineer this year for the school talent show.
• Participated in a committee that reviewed how the school entered the results of students onto the system that delivered the information to parents.
Extremely confident in all subjects he teaches. Robert is focused on achieving the very best for all of his students. Amazing teacher with a modern approach to teaching.
I have worked with Robert for six years and he is a wonderful teacher, he has a student centered philosophy making him extremely empathetic as a teacher. Robert's concise and well prepared lessons and his enlightened, compassionate approach to education has meant that he was valued highly by both students and colleagues. I could not recommend Robert highly enough as a teacher and mentor, he has always been the epitome of professionalism.
Rob is the epitome of approachable professional. He is knowledgable and competent beyond reproach in his subject area of science, and I have enjoyed working alongside of him for years as a colleague and coach. I can heartily recommend him and favourably refer him as a trustworthy, reliable teacher and an excellent friend.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$250||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|