My teaching methodology is based on developing productive relationships with the student/s. This relationship provides a basis on which both teacher/trainer and students are seen as equal partners in the learning experience. Mutual understnding of each other is an essential backdrop to productive learing/sharing experienes.
I am a retired educator who has worked in all levels of education. Recent past has involved extensive work with indigenous students both at schools and in various training environments. Qualifications include a MEd as well as Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Students have ranged from Grade 1 to senior adult; locations have ranged from one-teacher school to managing a residential college for Indigenous students. Locations have ranged from urban schools to very remote locations. Awareness of cross-cultural issues have developd during the last 40+ years working in, or with students from, many remote locations in the NT.
Based on previous experience there could well be need for prior research of topics covered. In this event a rate of $50.00 per contact hour would appear reasonable. Time would tell.
* 6 years work in 0ne-teacher locations in NSW
* 5 years in a Primary school - one year as Deputy Master
* 1 year Secondary Geography, Economics, Financial Management
* 6 months in Secondary School in Nth Queensland
* 1 year 6 months in remote Indigenous school in NT
*** 1 year University of Melbourne - Student in School Librarianship
* 6 years in boarding school (Kormilda College, Darwin) for Indigenous students from remote locations - Teacher Librarian - Senior Teacher, Assistant Principal
* 1 year Principal of urban Primary School (Berrimah, NT)
*6.5 years Principal of boarding school (Kormilda College, Darwin) for Indigenous students from remote locations both in the NT and in the Kimberley area of WA
* 8.5 years Principal Education Officer for NT Department of Education - 2.5 years as senior officer for curriculum implementation followed by 6 years as senior officer for the delivery of programs and support to Indigenous students in the NT
*** 6 months study leave to complete master thesis - an analysis of the attendance challenges of and for Indigenous students in remote locations.
* Consultant for one year
* Employed by Catholic Education (NT) to monitor cross-cultural programd and to delivery Professional Development
* Employed by NT Aboriginal Eye Health Program to manage the implenettion of its programs to NT Indigenous people. Wrote a now published history of the organisation.
* 3.5 years worked as consultant/trainer for adults working in the NT, with a focus on school programs and staff
* 1 year as Senior Curriculum Adviser to schools in 4 regions in NSW. Focus was on the delivery of appropriate Aboriginal Studies programs. Based in Griffith NSW.
* 1 year as a consultant/trainer
* 1 term as Principal of a one-teacher remote NT school - Douglas Daly
* 2.5 years as Principal of a large school in a very remote Indigenous community - Lajamanu
* Returned to consultancy work. Received a number of projects that involved professional writing
* Worked as a trainer in remote locations delivering a range of work-related training programs
* Recruited to manage a small boarding school for Indigenous students in the far south west of NT plus the north-west of SA. Remained in this location for almost a year, having managed the development of transition program for the management of the school.
* Recruited as Assistant Principal of remote NT school - a one semester project
* Worked as teacher/trainer in another remote school.
* Recruited to work as trainer in a remote Catholic school in Central Australia
* Worked a class teacher in same school
* Worked at the same school in a different role. Used training in school librarianship as basis for work in the transition of the school-community library to a new, internationally recognised operational and cataloguing system.
Excellent! the lesson with David have been fantastic, highly recommended him.
school support lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$55||Not available|