In order to teach something effectively, you yourself must know the content wholeheartedly. Being able to break down complex processes into simple terms which people can understand. That is my approach to teaching, first I make sure I completely understand what I am teaching, then think of ways to break down any complicated concepts into easy to understand steps.
I am a recent high school graduate. I have been accepted into a Bachelor of Engineering (Scholar) (Honours) at the University of Wollongong. I enjoy learning about maths and science and would love to give that same passion to my students.
$30/h is standard for lessons at local libraries (Thirroul or Corrimal).
Travelling to a student's house or another library has a greater fee.
A flexible individual, who has just completed the HSC with excellent marks. I am looking for part time work as I undertake a gap year in 2018 and subsequently to support me through university.
I am quick to learn new skills and have strong attention to detail. I am motivated by goals and enjoy working towards them. I have strong collaborative skills and an adaptable style.
Through my volunteering work I have experience in working with a wide range of people, including children, in different situations and am committed to looking after the needs of others. Through my experience working with and teaching children, I am able to take big concepts and put them into simple terms that they can understand and apply.
• Shire Christian School, Barden Ridge, NSW.
• Completed HSC in 2017.
• Subjects: 3 Unit Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Advanced English, Geography, Studies of Religion I.
Volunteering & Work Experience
2018 – present
Team Member | Boost Juice
- Work cohesively with other team members.
- Learn and apply new skills.
- Interact with and serve customers.
2016 – 2017
Volunteer Worker | Roots | Cambodia
- Travelled to Cambodia twice as a volunteer to support Roots Organisation.
- Helped build mud hut houses for families in Cambodia.
- Worked successfully in a different culture with a wide range of people.
2017 – present
Kids’ Plus Leader | After School Kids’ Club | Engadine Anglican Church
2015 – 2017
Kids’ Church Leader | Engadine Anglican Church
- Led and taught children’s program.
- Worked with church staff and parents.
2015 – 2017
CRU Leader | Christian Lunchtime Group | Shire Christian School
- Developed and introduced program for high school students.
- Helped run and facilitate school wide events.
- Worked with staff, and students from a range of years.
2016 – 2017
Student Leadership Team | Shire Christian School
- Introduced new initiatives and continued to support ongoing programs within the school.
- Worked closely with the head of the secondary school and other staff.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$28|