my name is Melissa, I have a bachelor degree in general biology and still working on my master degree in environmental sustainability, I am a former teacher and tutor. in my previous teaching job I had a full intensive training about the new methodology of teaching, so I developed a special and new teaching technique that has been really successful with all my previous students. each student is different then the other, each one of them has a unique way in absorbing and understanding new information, that is why it is wrong to have one teaching method and applying it on all the students because some of them might get it but others won't, that is why it's my job to assess and analyse each student and create a special lesson plan for each one, and by following this methodology I am proud to say that all the student that I've taught gave excellent results.
I have been a tutor and a teacher for 2 years. as a teacher I taught from grade 1 to 10, different subjects like biology physics and french, each class contained 30 students, I also tutored four kids in different grades as well.
in a class as you know their is always high achievers and low achievers but rarely someone failed in my classes. as a tutor my students were able to make progress fast and enhance their results in school.
as I have mentioned before all that progress was the result of the methodology that I use.
I have no problem travelling far to give a lesson but my travel cost will change in that case, as for university students I take 40$ per hour.
SKILLS & ABILITIES • Fluent in English, French and Arabic.
• teacher • quality learning center • 1 April 2017– 10 December 2017
• QLC is a tutoring center where kids come after school to get private lessons in designated subjects I worked there as a tutor for different subjects to students from different grades.
• teacher • teach for Lebanon • 28 June 2017– 4 august 2017
• Teach for Lebanon is a nongovernmental organization with a great vision and mission to help underprivileged kids get a proper education, so I had a full training about the new methodologies and methods of teaching, and I got to work with incredible grade 5 students in a school called Paradis in Jounieh-Lebanon.
• teacher • je suis refugee service • 10 October 2016 – 28 February 2017
• JRS is a non-governmental organization it’s a school for Syrian refugee with a mission to provide a proper education for the Syrian refugees, I taught different subject in this school to different grades.
• INTERN • LARI • JULY 2016
• Under the supervision of the minister of agriculture, LARI is an institute that conducts applied and basic scientific research for the development and advancement of the agricultural sector in Lebanon, I worked there as an intern for one month in the central laboratory experimenting on soil and water samples.
• Private Piano teacher • October 2015 – December 2017
• I gave private piano lessons to beginners and prep them for the entrance exam of the Lebanese national higher conservatory of music.
Honestly, Miss Melissa is one of the best History teachers! She helped pass my school year with good grades. She explain it as it is a good story to hear and makes it fun.
I worked with Melissa in quality learning center, we were both tutors, she was friendly.
her students loved her, she was very patient she would never give up on her students pushing them to do better in school, and they did they always made progress and gave great results.
I met melissa in the university, i was having trouble passing my zoology course, she gave me private lessons which helped me a lot and i was finally able to pass.
She is a great and patient tutor.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with cellular biology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about genetics lessons?
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|