I have no definitive teaching methodology. How I teach very much depends on the situation in which I am teaching. I would conduct a needs and situation analysis before determining the best approach to take. My experience has shown me that different nationalities expect different things from their teacher. Generally those whose level of English proficiency is lower require a more hands-on approach. I do expect students to take it upon themselves to improve their language proficiency and knowledge outside of the classroom.
My first experience of teaching ESL was as a volunteer teacher in 1997, then I taught children in China for six months, but I've been teaching adults full time since late 2001. I have taught a wide variety of nationalities and worked in China for eleven years. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree and a CELTA.
• over fifteen years ELT teaching experience
• six months experience as a Certificate IV in TESOL course trainer
• approximately four and a half months experience as a professional development trainer for Chinese English teachers
• taught General English, EAP, Business English and Cambridge Exam Preparation (IELTS, FCE and CAE)
• CAE exam preparation for individual clients
• used internationally accepted examinations (IELTS/KET/PET/FCE) to assess students' linguistic development
• planned, organised and delivered group-based learning
• taught monolingual/monocultural and multilingual/multicultural classes ranging in size from 14-60 students
• plan, prepare and deliver lessons on Oral English and Business English for undergraduate international business program
• plan, prepare and deliver lessons on EAP for undergraduate economics and management program
• plan, prepare and conduct IELTS preparation workshops
• plan, prepare and conduct Academic Writing workshops
• worked for eleven years in a Higher Education environment in China
• former employers include ILSC Education Group, Kaplan International English, Zhejiang University City College-University of Waikato Joint Institute, NSW TAFE Western Sydney Institute
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - english lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||Not available|