My teaching methodology is founded on good technique and an understanding of musicality, modelled from the head of guitar at the ANU, Associate Professor Timothy Kain. I believe that there is no point to playing any instrument unless you are enjoying yourself. Enjoyment stems from a sense of achievement when you play a piece musically and with good technique. Although musicality is vital, without technique playing has the potential to be uncomfortable and could eventually cause injury. Above all, I would want to listen to and engage with the student, teaching them according to their needs and wants.
I am currently in my first year at Macquarie University in a Bachelor of Media. I have been playing guitar for 11 years and achieved a level of Grade 5 AMEB in 2015. I recently achieved a Band 6 in Music 1 in the HSC at a Grade 8 level. I am happy to send you a video of my HSC performance to demonstrate my advanced level as a guitarist. I achieved the highest mark in my school for Year 12 Music 1, and was nominated for CaSPA's annual HSC showcase recital for outstanding achievement in musical performance. I have been taught by very accomplished guitarists throughout my education, and am currently preparing for the Certificate of Performance, which I will be completing later in the year. I have not yet professionally taught students guitar but my knowledge and passion for the guitar, and experience in child care and education, would make me an ideal teacher.
● Higher School Certificate from Marist Sisters College Woolwich
● Classical guitar proficiency (Grade 5, A honours), 2015
● Pre-tertiary Program for Classical Guitar, School of Music, Australian National University
● Statement of attainment towards a certificate III in Live Production and Services
● Current First Aid Certificate
● Working with Children Check: WWC1683365E
● Child Protection Training
● 35 hours of work placement at the ABC Canberra: July 10 - 14 of 2017
● Crew Member, McDonald’s Gladesville: January, 2016 - September, 2016
● Performed guitar in Marist Sisters College Woolwich graduation ceremony 2017 at Marist
● Cashier, Woolworths Eastwood: September, 2016 - September, 2017
● Assistant Carer at Camp Australia (Out of School Hours Care): Current
● 84.8 ATAR
● August 2015 Sydney Eisteddfod (Classical Guitar 18/U) - with a mark of 87%
● 1st place in Music 1 HSC course
● Nominated for CaSPA's annual HSC showcase recital for outstanding achievement in
Music 1 HSC performance
● Achieved 3 band 6s (90% and above) in the HSC
● Part time Volunteer at Mary Bailey House Early Education Centre at Santa Sabina College
● Disability Education Mentor, Part time Volunteer, Black Mountain School for special needs, February - July 2014
● Participation in three Sydney Vinnies Brekky Van Services, (serving homeless people a cooked breakfast).
● Marist Sisters College Winter Sleepout 2015 and 2016
● Audio crew member on school play at Marist Sisters College Woolwich, 2016
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking classical guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|