I am a trained Primary School teacher who loves teaching literacy through integration with HASS and Science topics. I also enjoy creating exciting and relevant lessons to teach maths and digital technologies.
My lessons are designed to fit with the student's needs and interests.
I have worked in Years 1, 2 and 5 classrooms during my practicums over the two years I completed my Masters of Teaching (UWA). I have found that my students were really engaged in my lessons as they were interesting, relevant and engaging for them. I have had a number of success stories, where I have been able to really improve a child's results in literacy and maths.
2017 | Masters of Teaching (Primary) - University of Western Australia, Perth, WA
2010 | BSc Majoring in Conservation & Wildlife Biology - Murdoch University, Perth, WA
2010 | BA Majoring in Australian Indigenous Studies - Murdoch University, Perth, WA
2016 & 2017
• Poverty in Education (Claire Orange) – Broome Network Conference
• 2 top skills for working with the anxious child (Claire Orange) – Broome Network Conference
• Behaviour Management in Upper Primary/Secondary PD (SSEN:BE) – Broome Network Conference
• Emotion Coaching & 1, 2, 3 Magic PL – Broome Primary School
• Cultural Awareness – Department of Education – Broome Primary School
• Digital & Design Technologies PD – The Association of Independent Schools WA
• Classroom Management PD – Department of Education
• Indigenous Canada (12 Week/Module Online course) – University of Alberta
2006-2016 – Science related professional learning experience
• 7 weeks volunteer work collecting research data on pilot whales in Tenerife (Spain) – 2006 • 8 weeks volunteer work at the Vervet Monkey Sanctuary in Tzaneen (South Africa) – 2009
• 2 years working as a community organiser for “Protect the Kimberley” and “Create Ranger Parks” with PEW Environment Group (Perth, WA) – 2010 & 2016
• 8 weeks volunteer work monitoring & collecting data on green turtle nests in Cyprus - 2012
school support lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|