Skills covered in tutoring lessons:
It’s critical that students feel equally confident in all aspects of learning a language, and as a tutor it’s my job to address this issue by designing individually tailored lesson plans that adequately trigger and develop the following skills:
- Vocabulary Development
- Language Structure/Grammar
Contents covered in tutoring lessons:
It’s also important that students are interested in the contents of their tutoring lessons and their homework. I therefore ask all new students to provide a summary of their areas of interest so that they are incorporated into the lesson planning.
If, however the student prefers to focus on Greece and Greek culture, the following areas of interest can be covered during the lessons:
- Greek History (Ancient & Modern)
- Greek Mythology
- Greek Festivities & Traditions
- Greek Cuisine
- Greek Geography & Travelling
- Greek Music, Dancing, & Comedy
- Greek Current Affairs
Use of Multimedia in tutoring lessons:
I believe students appreciate when you bring authenticity to your lesson plans, and multimedia activities are an excellent way to challenge students with targeted listening practice, whilst learning how Greek is spoken in a variety of natural settings
- I’m half English - half Greek, and a native speaker of both languages.
- I grew up in Greece before moving to the UK to complete my bachelor’s degree in Law.
- My previous tutoring experience has been in assisting British expats with learning to read and write Greek, including grammar and language structure at a basic and intermediate level.
- I’m interested in tutoring children, teenagers and adults who are at a basic and intermediate level
- Ellinomatheia - Level Δ, Grade A΄ - Arista (according to the new classification system Level Γ2, Grade A΄- Arista).
- International Baccalaureate - A2 Modern Greek - Language & Culture, Higher Level, Grade 7/7
greek lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$30||$40||Not available|