I scaffold lessons to include pair and group work, and engage students by recognising diverse learning styles whilst incorporating movement to help improve their accuracy and fluency across key skill areas.
I strive to support students’ social-emotional well -being as they develop their English language skills and deepen their global awareness.
Formal qualifications include a Bachelor of Communications degree majoring in Journalism and Creative Writing and a Certificate IV in TESOL. I have taught English in Taiwan and tutored Sri Lankan refugees here in Australia.
My experience includes teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced students of various cultural and linguistic backgrounds in Taiwan, and Australia.
Through my teaching experiences and TESOL studies I developed critical pedagogic and classroom management skills, along with a passion for teaching English.
After living in Taiwan, I understand both the excitement and the challenges that accompany learning a new language and living in a country other than my own.
My teaching experience also extends to conducting a school enrichment program with Buderim Mountain Primary School. Over a 3-month period, I taught Year 5 & 6 students the process of writing, producing, and staging a musical theatre production, which culminated in a performance that showcased the knowledge and experience the students gained.
In addition, as a freelance journalist I have a strong portfolio of published written work that can be viewed via my blog: in viewing my blog, an insight into my personal writing style can be obtained.
I feel my strong literacy skills, experience in ESL teaching, and personal life experiences will be an asset when conducting classes. I am well qualified and I can assertively assist students to build confidence in their ability to achieve, both academically and socially.
01/2008 to current Freelance Copywriter / Photographer
• Drafted and managed print, online and social media communications designed to promote company brands, image and values.
• Wrote, edited and produced stories for multiple platforms, including Internet and digital channels.
• Shot still images to accompany news stories
• Photographed high-quality images for print and internet distributions
• Successfully improved student participation in the classroom through integration of creative role – playing exercises.
• Implemented reading and writing workshops to increase student literacy and supported school reading programs
• Developed programs to work with students and increase interest in higher learning.
• Fostered meaningful relationships among students through group exercises.
esl (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$130||$150|