Almost all teachers agree that the "communicative method" is best, where our students are encouraged to practice before perfection and develop their fluency first, accuracy second, as they would in their first language. I put a lot of time and effort into my lesson planning to ensure my students are motivated to use English while they appreciate the form, function and meaning of the grammar they study.
I began ESL teaching after completing my English degree, when I tutored ESL students of multiple backgrounds in Brisbane. I then moved to Asia where I taught Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian and Korean students including young learners, business language, English for Academic ad English for Specific purposes. I grew interested in IELTS and Cambridge in this time and want to continue to teach these courses in Australia.
* 5 years teaching English in Asia (Indonesia, Taiwan(
* 2 years tutoring ESL students in Brisbane (this was part-time while I studied)
* Work as assistant DoS where I trained other teachers and gave lesson plannig workshops
* University includes the University of Queensland (Brisbane) and Swinburne University (Melbourne) studying postgrad in English and Journalism
* Also completed CELTA in Indonesia and have begun a M. TESOL at the University of Melbourne.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with written comprehension - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about IELTS lessons?
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|