My classes are characterized by active learning and enjoyment. All lessons include feedback and scaffolding to build deep understanding and successful skills as well as a positive learning disposition. My goal is to help students identify their own goals and develop the necessary strategies to reach this goal. Feedback and Reviews of tutorials and workshops are available from (concealed information)
I am currently a Doctor if Education candidate at Griffith University but prior to beginning this study, I have taught English and History for 36 years. I have also tutored Education students , both primary and secondary, at both Griffith University and QUT.
24 hours notice and receipt of notice required for lesson cancellation without penalty. Travel rates vary with distance. Small groups lessons can be organised with a deduction for each student. I also offer Electronic advice on drafts for a pre-agreed sum, based on assignment length.
• Tutor in Third Year and Fourth year History Education Students Griffith University 2018
• Vice-President Queensland History Teachers’ Association, 2018
• Tutor in Fourth year Primary Education Students Griffith University 2016
• President Queensland History Teachers’ Association, 2013
• Lead ISQ funded lesson study project investigating improvement of Reading across the Curriculum using the Art and Science of Teaching model (2013)
• Writer of a chapter for Nelson Cengage Modern History Series. 2014
• Editor and lead author of award winning publication: Jacaranda Atlas for the Australian Curriculum (published 2012)
• Chair of QSA State Ancient History Panel 2008 - 2012. Previous membership QSA Modern and Ancient History Panels.
• Tutor in Education, Queensland University of Technology 2007 and 2008 (Digital Pedagogies)
• Through Teacher Training Australia, presented workshops to teachers in improving teaching in the Junior and Senior years in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
• Presented workshops to teachers in teaching the Australian Curriculum in History for Brisbane Catholic Education in 2011 and 2012.
• Represented Asia Education Foundation at the 2011 focus group discussions for the Australian Curriculum in Senior Ancient History.
• Creation of a federally funded unit of work using online resources in 2010 for The Learning Centre (now part of SCOOTLE).
• Presentation on Historical thinking and literacy for Queensland Studies Authority at annual conference
• Publications professional articles in The History Teacher, Directions in Education, Leadership in Focus, Australian Journal of Middle Schooling, Prime Focus and Gifted professional journals.
• Presentation to the International “Excellence in Teaching and Learning Conference”, Perth.
• Annual presentations at State and/or National History Teacher's Association Conferences
• Presenter at Queensland Association for Gifted and Talented Children Conferences
I have worked in the same school as Sue and my children have been taught by her. She is definitely one of the most dedicated and knowledgable teachers I have ever worked with. She is a super intelligent lady with a caring disposition.
Sue is one of the most dedicated and effective teachers I have worked with. If you are looking for tutoring in a history, education or a research based subject, Sue has a wealth of experience to bring to the table. Not only will Sue target your writing skills but enhance your thinking processes to develop a more sophisticated approach to the topic. Sue's feedback is clear and strategic. I've witnessed many students improve significantly under Sue's guidance.
I worked with Sue for many years when we were both Heads of Faculty at St Aidan's Anglican Girls' School. Sue is an intelligent, creative teacher. For me, she is also a trusted colleague and collaborator.
At St Aidan's, we worked together to implement the Big History Project. This gave me the opportunity to team-teach with Sue. I learned an enormous amount from her meticulous planning and innovative pedagogy. She thinks deeply about her practice as a teacher and inspired me to do likewise.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Sue for any role for which she felt qualified to apply.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|