I work with students errors and areas of weakness to remove the errors from their speaking and then focus on developing vocabulary and the ability to speak on a variety of topics. I also usually like to give written homework connected to the speaking topics we have covered in our lessons as I believe this helps the lesson to stick in students minds so that they can remember things more easily.
I've been teaching English in Australia and abroad for almost 8 years. I have worked for private colleges and as a private tutor as well as running my own English college for 2 1/2 years. I like to develop strong relationships with students as I believe this helps them to develop the ability to express themselves more fully and deeply
If you want me to travel further from the city then I would ask that you please cover the cost of the transportation via bus/train
ENGLISH SCHOOL OWNER/MANAGER – Next Level English school (January 2016 – June 2018)
Owned/Managed own language college for ESL students for 2 and a half years in Ultimo, Sydney.
- Responsible for all parts of the company including:
* marketing of company through creation of online promotions/advertising campaigns,
* organising/running promotional events
* logo/branding creation, flyer distributions, etc.
- Dealing with people of varied cultures/ethnicities/backgrounds/English ability and doing meet
and greets/enrolling them into the school.
- Creation/Reviewing/Presentation of curriculum to classes of students.
- Conducting ongoing testing and feedback with students to assess progress and achievement
of student's individual aims.
- General advocacy services, including: job seeking assistance, assisting with various
correspondence and referrals to other companies/services when/where necessary.
ENGLISH TEACHER/TOUR GUIDE - STM College (February 2014 – December 2015)
- Introducing students to Sydney/weekly city tours
- Designing lesson materials for classes
- Creating new specialised curriculum
ENGLISH TEACHER/TUTOR - YC College
- Interviewing / level-checking/grading
- Supporting a broad range of people of various ages/ethnic backgrounds/English levels.
- Designing and improving class curriculums using online/textbook resources and creating
PRIVATE ENGLISH TUITION –
Sydney/Thailand (2011 to present)
- Over 5 years doing private tutoring, mostly 1 on 1 or sometimes with small groups.
- Designing and preparing own lessons or assisting students with their own study materials
- CELTA Certificate – received 2013 from Navitas English College, Wynyard Sydney
- IT Hardware support statement of attainment (2000)
- Senior first aid certificate (2001)
I am an enthusiastic teacher who places emphasis on developing a good rapport with students
and creating a positive learning environment. I have a good attitude towards working and feel I
can be and asset to my working environment. I place a high degree of importance on being
punctual and reliable. Should you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Perfect! Dana is a great teacher!
Really friendly, motivating and helpful. He helped me with my IELTS test for few weeks and I passed ;). He takes time to break down your mistakes and make sure you understand what you need to work on to improve you English. Many thanks to you Dana and Highly recommended teacher.
I had English class with Dana for 5 months, which was very helpful and useful. He's a great teacher, not too serious and I think it's a good way to learn a language.
Manon from France.
Dana is one of the best teacher I've ever had. He's very patient, kind, explain things very well. In a short period of time, I've learned a lot and most of all he's soooo funny. I definitely recommend him :)
I have been Australia for 3 years and on the first year, I met Dana and had wonderful experiences. He became my lovely friend, awesome teacher, smart guide. Now I am on my way, but he is still great friend! He is so responsible for he work and life. Always appreciate. He is one of reasons to stay here.
esl (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$450||$200|