When I was learning instruments as a youth, scales and sheet music only took me so far before I longed to improvise beyond that or learn to play by ear or to compose something unique that simply FELT right. This is the reason I strive to embrace the direction the student wants to take the art, although I can also help with scales and notation/tablature etc if required.
I have been giving guitar and vocal lessons intermittently since around 2012 whilst working other jobs, but am ready now to take on more students as I am performing regularly enough to serve as my main income, with the tuition earnings on the side. I am a professional entertainer, most comfortable in vocals and guitar, but also confident on bass, drums, percussion, keys and some others. I write and record my own tracks in my home studio and since I'm also a youth worker, I'm involved with various songwriting, production and DJing programs and workshops in schools or other welfare facilities.
- learned guitar and piano as a child
- selft taught bass, drums, vocals etc.
- former member of singing workshop/mentoring programs TAP (Talent Advancement Program) and TDP (Talent Development Project)
- giving private tuition on and off since 2012
- youth worker experience & qualifications (Certificate IV Youth Work)
- teacher's aide experience (SLSO)
- recording and performing artist, locally, interstate and internationally
After several months of lessons I can say that JT is an excellent teacher. He has helped me with both guitar and vocals. The latter of which has made me see potential I never thought possible. I would not hesitate to recommend him to other budding musicians.
singing lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with acoustic guitar lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about bass guitar lessons?
Taking composition lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|