My teaching method is always focussed on the needs of the student. It's my job to find out what you would like to learn and how to best help you achieve your musical goals. Whether that simply be learning a few of your favourite songs or delving deep into musical theory and the technical aspects of the instrument.
Basic to Advanced Guitar Tuition
Andrew Weir has been a part of the Perth and Australian music scene for more than 20 years and has had experience in many different aspects of the business. He has composed, performed, taught guitar and toured in many different settings ranging from live rock bands to theatre productions.
I offer professional guitar lessons in a relaxed environment with amplification and guitars available if you are unable to bring your own.
I am also available for Skype lessons if required.
• April 2017 to Current – Guitarist for Princess Cruises Orchestra and Show Band
• August 2016 to Current – Relief Guitar Teacher at Cliff Lynton Guitar Institute Perth
• November 2017 – Fill in Guitar 2 on Platinum Etertainment’s production of We Will Rock You
• December 2016 – Guitarist for Chrislyn Hamilton (Australian Idol, Australia’s Got Talent)
• November 2016 - Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar and Banjo on “Avenue Q” musical under MD Trevor Jones at Crown Casino Perth, Western Australia
• November 2016 commissioned by Mellen Events to compose and perform 1 hour electronic piece “Place” at Kaleidoscope Light Festival, Joondalup Western Australia
• September / October 2016 Touring Guitarist for Adam Sullivan and the Trees (NYC)
• August 2016 – Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Banjo and Mandolin in Black Swan State Theatre Company’s production of “Clinton The Musical” under musical director David Young
• Jan / Feb 2016 – NES Artist in residence Skagaströnd, Iceland.
• November 2015 – Guitarist in Black Swan State Theatre company’s production of “Next To Normal“ under MD David Young
• 2015 – Remixed “Your Light Shine” by New York artist Adam Sullivan and produced and released 5 track EP “OND” under the name NoDrums.
• 2014 – Solo performance at Festival Morph South Korea
• 2014 – Solo performances in Tokyo and Kyoto
• 2014 – Sound Design for Public Spaces site specific theatre piece
• November 2013 – Guitarist in Black Swan State Theatre company’s production of “Midsummer [a play with songs] “under MD Ben Collins
• 2013 – Solo performances at Boryeong Mud Festival and Zandari Festa South Korea and Bullets and Solfa Tokyo
• 2013 - Guitarist for Perth band of Christine Anu
• 2013 – Guitar recordings for “Death Of A Salesman” BSSTC directed by Adam Mitchell
• Feb – March 2013 – Toured to UK, Netherlands, Slovenia, Korea, Japan and Australia with The Bosons
• Feb 2013 - “What Can I Do To You?” RTRFM local Feature Album
• Jan 2013 – Co Produced and released “What Can I Do To You?” full length The Bosons LP in Australia, UK and South Korea.
• November 2012 - Sound design for “Glengarry Glen Ross” at The Blue Room Theatre
• September 2012 - Sound design and guitar tutor for “The Polite Gentleman” by Mark Storen at The Blue Room Theatre
• 2012 - Guitar recordings for “Signs Of Life” by Tim Winton
• Dec 2011 – Dec 2012 - Booking Agent at The William Street Bird
• 2011 - Guitar recordings for “When The Rain Stops Falling” by Andrew Bovell (Lantana)
• 2011 – Guitar on “Junk Esquire” album “Fade To Black”
• 2011 - London and South Korean tour with The Bosons
• 2011 - Guitarist in Black Swan State Theatre Company and Company B’s production of “The Sapphires “ under MD Peter Farnan (Australian tour and London dates at The Barbican)
• 2010 - Self produced and released EP “The Bosons” with The Bosons
• 2010 - Guitarist in Black Swan State Theatre Company and Company B’s production of “The Sapphires “ under MD Peter Farnan (Australian tour and Daegu International Musical Festival, Korea)
• 2010 - Toured to Melbourne with Turn
• 2009 - “Turn 0.1” RTR FM local feature album
• 2009 - Released self produced album “Turn 0.1”
• 2008 – 2010 – Guitarist with Hip Hop act Fdel
• 2007 - Melbourne tour with improvisational trio “Pollex”.
• 2006 – 2007 – Guitarist with Prawns With Horns (multiple Western Australian regional tours)
• 1998 – 2009 Guitar tutor at Cliff Lynton Guitar Studio and multiple high schools
• 2003 Graduate from The Conservatorium @ WAAPA
• 1997 – 2001 – Guitarist with Henry F Skerrit And The Holy Sea
CONSERVATORIUM OF MUSIC AT EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Perth
Bachelor of Jazz Performance, 2003
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with guitar lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about acoustic guitar lessons?
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$60||Not available||$60|
|5 hours||$50||Not available||$300|