Salut (hey), my name is Utsav and I come from the beautiful island of Mauritius. I have been living in Brisbane for the last five years and recently obtained my bachelor degree with a major in civil engineering from the University of Queensland. I’ve studied French since I was 6 years old and obtained an A in French Advanced Level from the University of Cambridge. With me as your tutor, you'll master this beautiful language that is le français.
Travel costs may be charged if lesson is carried out outside of 10km radius.
Cancellation/Reschedule policy of 24hrs prior to lesson.
I believe that firstly it is important to assess a student interest, capability and willingness to study french. Based on these parameters, an approach is devised to motivate and make the subject interesting to the student. Motivation is a key to success.
With regards to the actual coaching, a time table will be formulated and time allocation will be allowed for each topic on the basis of its “difficulty”. Emphasis will be on course work and conversations in french.
Bachelor of Engineering
The University of Queensland (June 2013 to November 2017)
Major: Civil Engineering
Cambridge A-level Higher School Certificate
Royal College Port-Louis, Mauritius (February 2011 to February 2013)
Main subjects: Physics (B), Mathematics (A*), Computing (A*)
Subsidiary subjects: French (A), General Paper English (B)
Achievement: Ranked 6th nationally in Computing for Cambridge HSC November 2012
Intern at Servansingh Jadav & Partners Consulting Engineers Limited (SJPCE Ltd), Mauritius [December 2015 – February 2016]
• Resolved pit design to fit dock leveler for storeroom owned by ‘Compagnie Mauricienne de Textile Ltée’ (CMT Ltd)
• Designed slabs, beams and columns of a concrete frame for a police station situated in Sempa, Rodrigues (Approved by registered engineer, Mr Bhushan Roy)
• Assessment of Cascavelle shopping centre intersection and report potential solutions for the reduction of conflict points
Software Developer at Armin DJ Shop, Mauritius [March 2011 – November 2012]
• Designed a program using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to handle stock data and manage clients’ information of a music shop. (Part of A-level Computing Project)
• Trained and supervised a team of 3 salespersons on how to manage a stock control and client information system. (Part of A-level Computing Project)
Software Developer at Dr Ian Luck, Dentist Cabinet, Mauritius [January 2010 – October 2010]
• Designed and implemented a program using Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to manage Appointments and Services for a dentist cabinet. (Part of O-level Computing Project)
Digital Coach, Mauritius Telecommunication Services, Mauritius [March 2013 – June 2013]
• Conducted workshops on the usage of smart technologies.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$33||$33||Not available|
|10 hours||$30||$30||Not available|