I am new to tutoring, but I have been lucky enough to work with students in a classroom setting on several occasions during my Masters of Counselling placement, helping Year 7 with maths. When completing placement as a school counsellor since August last year, I was acquainted with the understanding of variability in students’ learning styles and proactively adapting my approach with them to suit their strengths.
I am commencing my Masters of Teaching at LaTrobe University this July. I completed a Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) and am currently enrolled in Masters of Counselling, which I have completed a Graduate Diploma equivalent of the course.
• University Placement in Wellbeing Team as School Counsellor at Rowville Secondary College (August 2017 to May 2018)
• Volunteering in Wellbeing Team as School Counsellor at Rowville Secondary College (June 2018)
• Successfully completed 170 hours of one-on-one counselling with student clients
• Experienced in developing return-to-school plans and modified timetables with teachers for relevant students.
• Organising and attending meetings with relevant teachers and parents to develop plans and that address students’ mental health.
• 10-week Group Co-counselling/leadership promotion with external counsellor with group of Year 9 girl students – “Girls’ Group”
• Created a Stress Management 50-minute program for Year 10 Peer Leaders to conduct with Year 7s.
• Research Assistant in Haematology Research at Monash Health (January 2016 - January 2018)
• Completed Mental Health First Aid
• Completed SafeTALK Workshop
• Acquired Working With Children's Check
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|