I am new to tutoring, but I have been lucky enough to work with students in a classroom setting on several occasions during my Masters of Counselling placement, helping Year 7 with maths. When completing placement as a school counsellor since August last year, I was acquainted with the understanding of variability in students’ learning styles and proactively adapting my approach with them to suit their strengths.
I am commencing my Masters of Teaching at LaTrobe University this July. I completed a Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) and am currently enrolled in Masters of Counselling, which I have completed a Graduate Diploma equivalent of the course.
• University Placement in Wellbeing Team as School Counsellor at Rowville Secondary College (August 2017 to May 2018)
• Volunteering in Wellbeing Team as School Counsellor at Rowville Secondary College (June 2018)
• Successfully completed 170 hours of one-on-one counselling with student clients
• Experienced in developing return-to-school plans and modified timetables with teachers for relevant students.
• Organising and attending meetings with relevant teachers and parents to develop plans and that address students’ mental health.
• 10-week Group Co-counselling/leadership promotion with external counsellor with group of Year 9 girl students – “Girls’ Group”
• Created a Stress Management 50-minute program for Year 10 Peer Leaders to conduct with Year 7s.
• Research Assistant in Haematology Research at Monash Health (January 2016 - January 2018)
• Completed Mental Health First Aid
• Completed SafeTALK Workshop
• Acquired Working With Children's Check
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|