Math Tutoring: I base my tutoring sessions on the assignments the student has been given by his or her teacher. I like to address the student’s most difficult questions first and use relatable analogies, stories, and mnemonic strategies to help students remember difficult concepts far beyond each lesson.
Spanish Tutoring: Depending on the student’s needs, speaking and writing will be heavily emphasized to help students feel comfortable speaking the language. If vocabulary or conjugations are the major focuses of the student’s needs, I will create scenarios and small assignments for the student to help commit difficult terms or conjugations to memory.
Swim lessons: I work at the pace of the student with a focus on proper technique from the beginning. Repetitive drills, breathing strategies, strength training, and endurance training will be used to help condition the student for the best swimming techniques, comfort in the water, and imrpoved speed.
Cello lessons: Learning proper techniques for bow holds and hand positions always come first. Each lesson will always begin with scales and warm-up etudes and will conclude with continued learning of new pieces.
Architecture/Design Technical Drafting & Professional Skills: I can provide AutoCAD basic training, Revit basoc to master training, technical drafting advice and lessons, and portfolio reviews for those seeking a degree in interior design or architecture or attempting to pursue a career in the field.
I am a professional interior architect / former competitive swimmer / Spanish speaker / cello player / artist. I earned my degree in 2013 from Ball State University. I have been a swim coach, math tutor, Spanish tutor, and freelance artist on and off throughout college and post-college. I hope to share my knowledge and skills with eager students and guide them towards the success they seek.
24 hours notice must be given for a lesson cancelation for a full refund. Lessons farther than 10km will be charged a $12 travel charge per lesson.
BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
BACHELOR OF ARTS: INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE
MINORS: MATH & SPANISH
PERKINS + WILL
CHICAGO, IL, USA
As a mid-level designer at Perkins + Will, I collaborated with architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants to design and develop buildings from concept to completion.
Regular tasks involved:
1) Developing phased design presentations for clients.
2) Coordinating information exchanges for clients and contractors.
3) Using 3D modeling software (Revit) to plan, design, and detail the interiors of various building types.
Notable project contributions include:
1) Completing the public space planning and design of the American University Beirut Medical Center in Beirut, Lebanon.
2) Obtaining LEED certifications for two corporate office designs for KPMG, a tax audit and advisory company.
3) Successfully coordinating the schematic design submittal for the high school and elementary school interiors on the Cayman International School campus in the Cayman Islands through a faced-paced, design-build process.
AURORA LIGHTING DESIGN
GRAYSLAKE, IL, USA
As a designer interested in gaining experience in a more technical area of design, I worked closely with senior lighting designers to calculate light levels of interior and exterior spaces to determine appropriate footcandles (or lux) by space type for functional and aesthetic purposes.
Regular tasks involved:
1) Developing a fluency for architectural lighting design strategies by using AGi32, Revit, and Visual to calculate and advise appropriate space type illuminance levels.
2) Collaborating with reputable design and architecture firms to develop cohesive lighting solutions for dramatic exterior lighting on projects such as the Wuhan Tower in China.
3) Calculating functional high-bay lighting for project types such as a military air hangar in Abu Dhabi.
4) Determining a good balance of decorative and functional illumination in lobbies and amenities spaces on high-rise residential projects throughout Chicago.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
MHS VALEDICTORIAN 2008
ACADEMIC ALL AMERICAN 2008
ASID NATIONAL COMPETITION HONORABLE MENTION 2012
LEAN GREEN BELT CERTIFIED
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$220|