I have experience in teaching face-to-face, online and organizing and running an international research program, liaising with international researchers and their representatives. During my experience as University lecturer and PhD researcher, I used to give my services in general advice to research students, funding strategies, organizing and presenting workshops and seminars on “Government policies and Issues concerning Women”, “Violation of women’s rights” and “Violence against Women”, to contribute to the gender, peace and security studies. As a researcher, I performed duties such as research skills advising, and helping students and researchers reach their academic potential. Duties include were setting up and running academic research programs, liaising with external University bodies and committees, participating in curriculum formulation and advice for gender and peace in media.
I have more than 15 years of experience in teaching and research in gender, peace, security and media communication. I am an energetic person and love to be a part of a team of great people to work on gender peace and security agenda to improve the lives of women in conflict-affected communities. My strong communication skills have enabled me to work in increasingly challenging roles throughout the experience of working as University lecturer, and researcher in the field of gender, media and communication. As a devoted research scholar and lecturer at my previous employment organizations, I worked as a part of a team and provided an excellent contribution to the organization’s academic and research programs. One of my research article on sexual objectification/exploitation of women in media in Asia and Pacific has been awarded as the best research article in an international conference on media and communication in 2016 in Australia
2002-2018 Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
• Research Officer and Communications Coordinator
• Senior Lecturer Department of Media and Communications Studies
• Policy Development Officer, Working Women Organization.
• Editor In-charge Campus Monthly Magazine “Women Voice”.
• General Secretary of Alumni Women Association.
2012-2018 University of Science, Malaysia
• Ph.D. Fellow, School of Communications.
• Research Officer, School of Communications.
• President of the Postgraduate Researchers Community.
1999-2012 Dawn News Network, Pakistan
• Research Officer and Media Relations Manager.
• Social Media Research Fellow, Women (Aurat) Foundation.
2018 University of Science Malaysia (Doctor of Philosophy)
• Ph.D. in Communications and Media Studies
Field: Violation of Women’s Rights, Women’s Issues, Sexual Assault and Family Violence
CERTIFICATES AND LICENCES
• Current Working with Children Check
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Victorian Driving Licence
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|