I encourage open communication with families and outside agencies so that the students’ well-being are wholly catered for, academically, physically, socially and emotionally. I strive for each student to achieve to the best of their ability. I have utilised various teaching methodologies and adapted and changed plans where student needs are indicated. I plan and prepare my lessons carefully, familiarise myself with the learning content and background knowledge for the topic, student level and individual student interest and needs, taking into account home, community or social issues which might have an effect on curriculum presentation and results. I adapt learning tasks to individual students and constantly evaluate my lesson plans and take into account the varying learning levels of students. I enjoy the challenge of managing individual student needs, interests, behaviour and learning styles. When teaching secondary school students I use positive reinforcement to encourage appropriate behaviour and acknowledge effort and achievement. When teaching I utilise a variety of approaches, namely flexible hands on inquiry approach to more formal based lessons. I always allow for students’ unexpected questions and learning to encourage course direction. By creating a relaxed atmosphere, accommodating different learning styles, presenting information in both visual and auditory methods, talking to students not at them, recognizing the uniqueness of each student, validating cultural differences, matching teaching method to content, encouraging self-motivated learning, ensuring class sessions are interactive and providing frequent positive feedback I have successfully presented Curriculums and achieved positive student outcomes.
I have been teaching and tutoring mainly high school students over the last 20 years. I have taught mostly Business Studies, Agricultural Science, Science and Mathematics. I have significant primary teaching experience also but prefer high school. On one occassion I tutored a student with an Aquired Brain Injury for one Semester and on another occassion I tutored a group of five boys for one year.
• Voluntary Work – Trees for Life and Tuition with The Smith Family. (May 2017 – May 2018).
• Certificate 3 in Individual Support (Theory Component) – Enhance Education and Training (October 2016 - May 2017).
• Temporary Relief Teacher – Department of Education and Child Development – Southern Adeleaide ( 2015 – October 2016).
• Primary Teacher – Department of Education and Child Development – APY Lands – (Semester 2 - 2014).
• Temporary Relief Teacher – Department of Education and Child Development – Southern Adeleaide – (Semester 1 - 2014).
• Secondary Teacher – Department of Education and Child Development - Kadina – (Semester 2 - 2013).
• Mental Health Peer Mentor – Community First, Albany WA (October 2012 – July 2013).
• Secondary Relief Teacher – Department of Education & Training, Perth – Northern Suburbs (Semester 2 2012).
• Secondary Teacher – Department of Education & Training, School of Isolated and Distance Education (Semester 1 2012).
• Secondary Relief Teacher – Department of Education & Training Denmark, Albany, Mt Barker and Albany Education Support Centre (2009 -2011)
• Secondary Teacher – Department of Education & Training, Northam Senior High School, Harvey Agricultural College, Clarkson Community College, Denmark Agricultural College (2005 – 2008)
• Farmhand, factory worker, removalist, car detailer, concrete batch mixer, truck driver etc. (2001 – 2004)
• Secondary Teacher – Department of Education & Training, Hedland SHS, WA Agricultural College (1998 – 2000)
EXPERIENCE (including community)
My 8.5 years of full-time teaching along with many years of relief teaching has included contract work within the public school sector in Western Australia and South Australia working with R to 12 students, but mostly high school students. I have also completed many TRT assignments. I have enjoyed participating in a variety of sectors aside from teaching. These include Agricultural, Industrial, Logistical and Research roles. I am currently undertaking voluntary work with Trees for Life.
My teaching within the public school sector in Western Australia and South Australia has incorporated presenting curriculums on Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, Business Studies and Information Technology, and portions of Industry Specific Qualifications (Business for Hospitality, Business for Catering, Maths and English for Building and Construction, Maths and English for Agriculture). Agricultural subjects include Agricultural Science, Management and Marketing, Plant Production and Marketing, Animal Production and Marketing, Vocational Maths and Certificate I in Rural Operations. Classes have been multi-cultural including students from a range of non-English speaking backgrounds as well as indigenous Australians. I utilise a range of teaching methodologies and plan and prepare and present curriculums taking into account individual student needs, learning styles, student interests and any social or community issues that may impact on student learning. Utilising both visual and auditory method, matching my teaching method to content and encouraging a self-motivated learning, I ensure class sessions are interesting, interactive and relevant.
ADDITIONAL LEARNING AREAS/SUBJECTS
I have a Graduate Diploma in Education from Curtin University of Technology where I majored in both Business Education and Agricultural Education (1997). My undergraduate degree is a Bachelor of Business (Agriculture) from Curtin University of Technology (1994). I also have Ag Safe Accreditation, Farm Chemical Users Certificate, White Card (Construction Industry), Senior First Aid, Forklift Licence and am currently studying a Certificate 3 in Individual Support. I am therefore able to bring to my teaching practice broad theoretical and practical knowledge in a range of subjects, industry experience and OH&S training.
technology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest industrial design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, automation lessons for all!
Taking agricultural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$45||Not available||Not available|