1. I start my class with a ‘Mind Warm-Up’.
A warm-up method that I use is to ask students to find the mistakes planted in material written on the board. I use a mix of collaboration and competition to eliminate what could potentially become dead time.
2. I use ‘Movement’ to get students focused.
For example, I teach hand-clapping patterns to accompany a chanted verse. I also add foot stomping to create variety.
3. Students learn better when engaged.
For example, after a short lecture, I encourage students to share stories related to the content.
Engaging students with activities helps them to think more critically about the content they are learning.
4. I use technology to boost learning.
Technology in the classroom can be an advanced and effective learning tool. By using technology in teaching-learning, I am able to go beyond the paper, pencil and textbook and connect with students on an authentic level.
5. I use storytelling as a powerful method to impart knowledge, values and life skills.
6. Teaching with sense of humour
Humour is an effective medium of teaching and students aren’t afraid to be silly and can laugh at their own mistakes.
7. I mix up my teaching styles
8. I encourage self-directed learning
I am accredited tutor with CELTA certificate.Currently giving private lessons for students from China - Iran -Iraq - Saudi Arabia.Three years of teaching experience.I am a friendly and patient tutor.I teach from Beginner to Advanced ,I teach Speaking - Listening - Writing - Reading -Grammar.
CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Cambridge University - Equivalent to Certificate IV in TESOL – Holmesglen, Chadstone campus
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) - English Section (4 years course)
(Equivalent to Australian degree - Assessed by Australian department of education)
Private English Tutor, Melbourne 1/2019 - Now
• Teaching my students Grammar, writing, listening and conversation from
• Ask students about specific topics or subject areas that are giving them trouble or that warrant further exploration.
• Translate in Arabic through the session if needed specially with Arabic pre-intermediate level.
• Review recent homework assignment, and work through problems or questions that the student did not answer correctly
AMES Australia & Box Hill Institute, Melbourne 8/2016-2/2019
English Tutor / Classroom teacher assistant, Volunteer
• Meet with the adult migrant/refugee once per week to assist with English language improvement and help with their settlement.
• through AMES training course, I have learnt the appropriate ways to make learning English a fun experience to all the new comers.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - english lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|