• I practice strong student-centred teaching with a focus on communication skills, pronunciation and speaking while developing the student's capacity for empathy and emotional intelligence.
• In all areas of student contact I endeavour to provide relevant and significant teaching and learning opportunities that engage and motivate students while being challenging and supportive. My objective is to ensure students’ expectations are exceeded.
• I also focus on students’ needs and emphasise the need for them to become active learners.
• I endeavour to take an empathic approach to students by being aware of my own emotion and that of students so that I can appropriately deal with and use feelings to motivate, plan, and achieve goals according to student needs, and ensure student wellbeing.
Having worked almost exclusively with international students for the last 20 years I have developed an intense interest in language teaching and language teacher training. In the university, college and TAFE/VET environments, previous teaching and lecturing positions have provided extensive experience in working with international students at postgraduate, undergraduate degree, diploma, associate diploma, foundation, and senior high school levels.
My special interest is in speaking and pronunciation skills as well as business/technical English. I teach English language to learners of all ages and backgrounds - Young children, migrant, refugee or studying on a student visa.
I have also worked in university situations in China and more recently a private language college environment in Vietnam. My teaching experience has given me the opportunity to work with students from 39 countries which has enabled me to develop a strong sense of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Master of Education (TESOL) - University of Wollongong
- Master of Education (Higher Education) with Distinction - University of Wollongong
- Executive Development Program – Industrial Relations - University of New South Wales Graduate School of Management
- Bachelor of Business (End User Programming & Accounting) - University of Southern Queensland
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Applied Linguistics Association of Australia
- Association Internationale de Linguistique Appliquée (AILA)
- Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA) - Fellow
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about business english lessons?
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|