believe that it is fundamental during piano lessons to teach students the "musical tools," and knowledge that they need in order to learn all types of piano music. There is no better way to do this than through a weekly class, which helps to ensure content retention by reinforcing your studies.
Students will develop their musical ability and knowledge in a fun and supporting environment learning everything from note reading, rhythm, finger control and more. Students can decide to learn for fun - where they can choose pieces they want to learn or I can recommend some. Students can also decide if they want to do exams such as AMEB, ABRSM or ANSCAR, where they will develop their scales, sight reading, aural, technical ability, etc. I also inform and encourage my students to participate in competitions and concerts to help enhance their performing ability and confidence.
- Age range from 5 years old and above; adults are welcome to learn
- Suitable for Beginners, Intermediates or Advanced students
- Individual one-on-one lessons
- 30 mins, 45 mins or 60 mins lessons are available
I am a classically trained pianist having just completed my bachelor of music from the University of Melbourne. I majored in piano performance under the tutelage of renowned Australian pianist Janine Sowden. I will be continuing my studies next year with an honours degree in piano performance. I started the piano at the age of 2 and started performing publicly in competitions at the age of 5, I also completed Grade 8 AMEB and AMusA by the age of 16 and currently have 3-4 years teaching experience since then. I began teaching piano lessons while I was in year 12, where I taught students from year 7-11 while also performing in several concerts and a music festival. This year alone I have performed in several concerts/churches/competitions and a masterclass with Pianist Kenji Fujimura.
Piano Teacher 2015 | Kormilda College NT
• Taught young, beginner kids from years 7-11 during my year 12.
Home Lesson Piano Teaching (2015 - _)
• Taught beginner – intermediate Piano lessons.
• AMEB and ABRSM Exam preparations (up to grade 7).
• Beginner Theory lessons (up to grade 4-5).
• Casual piano lessons.
• Eisteddfod/Recital preparations.
- Grade 8 AMEB
- Bachelor of Music - University of Melbourne
- Working with Children Check.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$250||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$425||Not available|