- My Lessons & Teaching Style -
1. My lessons are generally culture-oriented, with some improvisations, new ideas, news, Internet slang, movies and books, and intercultural elaborations in each class - keeping it light and fun.
2. A trial class is highly recommended before starting formal courses. We will discuss your primary goals, and analyze your weaknesses and strengths, please message me a short personal introduction before our first lesson so that I can make individual lesson plans for you.
3. You can also ask me any questions via Wechat/Messenger/Skype anytime, and I will send you feedbacks generally within 2~6 hours. I have created a group chat consisting of 40+ language enthusiasts who are also willing to help you across all levels. Looking forward to you to join us!
- Teaching Materials -
My teaching database includes:
 Textbooks: Boya PKU/Integrated CN/Conversational CN 301 (pdf+mp3)
 Animation: 2500+ Chinese Characters' Stroke Order
 Audio files: BBC Podcast of 20th Century China (35 Episodes)
 Video files: 'Interviews with CHN Writers'/'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'/'A Bite of China'/'The Wedding Banquet'/'Cloud Atlas' etc.
 Image files: IPA chart/Ancient Characters/Map of Dialects
 Presentation slides: Introduction to Chinese Culture (16 Lessons)/ Contemporary Chinese Literature (33 Lessons)
 General Books: 'The Journey To The West'/'1984'/'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'/'Red Sorghum'/'Deng Xiaoping - And the Transformation of China,' etc.
 Video game: ARPG Wuxia 'The Legend of Moon Shadow' (Full Chinese Only).
After our sessions, I will have nothing else to show you but helping you study at our finest Peking University and Tsinghua University since you have made yourself a true scholar!
> BA + TA in Chinese, MA student in Int'l Relations
> Culture-oriented methodology
> Individual Plan & Wechat/Messenger group
> Full access to materials on my Google Drive
Hi, I’m Jason. 你好！我叫邹皓易，澳洲国立大学(ANU)国际关系硕士在读，很高兴认识你！作为一名汉语言文学专业的毕业生，我已经有两年的相关教学经验。
As a Chinese Language graduate with 2+years teaching experience on italki.com previously, I am currently studying MA in International Relations at Australian National University. And I'm more than happy to meet more Aussies on this platform, either online or in person.
So, glad to have you on board!
As a saying goes - 授人以鱼，不如授人以渔
That means 'To teach a person fishing is always better than give your fish.'
Thus, there's no limitation for pushing your Mandarin ability to a higher level.
- Me as a Teacher -
Most of my working experience has motivated me to become ‘Cultural Ambassador’ using intercultural methods. My ultimate goal is gallivanting among tremendous idea bubbles through this job and learn from them without stereotype and arrogance.
For example, while acting as a Teaching Assistant at my previous university I was required to help to prepare lectures and grade essays for international exchange students.
Thus, it is especially vital that we are equal, eager to study independently and tolerant different opinions. It's my pleasure guiding you to be a fisherman/woman instead of having salmon from the textbook alone.
To check my italki teacher's profile and previous students' reviews, please click
And a shout out for my friend, she's also an attentive and supportive pro!
Travel charges differ according to distance traveled.
I will wait 10 minutes for the student every class, but if a student does not attend the lesson after 10 minutes, this class will be marked as completed. Any prior notice of Cancellation/Reschedule is acceptable. Thank you for the understanding.
- Awards & Honors -
Outstanding Dissertation, Humanities College, Huaqiao University
Title: An analysis of themes and styles of dystopian films and TV shows
Mentee of Advance Awards Mentoring Program, Advance Global Australians
• A national award-mentoring program funded by the Australian Government
• Mentored by Brook Andrew to design a fact-checking tool to improve ‘fake news’ issue
- Relevant Experience -
2017 – 2018
Mandarin and English Teacher at Italki.com
• Bilingual teaching and customer service with a rating of 4.9/5.0
• Maintained the academic/business global network
2016 – 2016
Receptionist and Tutor at the Interlingua English Training School
• Promoted various courses to future students
• Introduced the campus to potential costumers
• Called parents to inform any announcement
• Taught non-Chinese teachers Mandarin Chinese
2014 – 2016
Teaching Assistant for Associate Professor Yajie Zheng
Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Huaqiao University
• Prepared lectures
• Managed the transcripts of recordings of People from the Xinjiang Uygur Region
• Graded essays for international exchange students
• Collected primary materials to facilitate Professor’s research projects
2015 – 2015
Assistant Organizer of the 14th Asia Art Festival
Beijing Contemporary Art Foundation (BCAF)
• Receiving foreign guests as co-leader of the team at the national event of in Quanzhou City, China
• Coordinated at ‘TED x Quanzhou’ forum and the week-long international food festival
2014 – 2014
AIESEC Egypt branch in Cairo University (Nonprofit Organisation)
• Worked with a local charity organisation, visited the countryside and orphanage
• Helped in building a second-hand clothes bazaar and participated in the Global Village party
chinese lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with mandarin lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral expression - chinese lessons?
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|