I use a combination of methods in my practice, depending on the genre I am teaching. These include elements of the Estill school- especially in music theatre and contemporary styles, with Accent Method and traditional Bel Canto techniques geared towards classical students. I encourage students to sing in a variety of styles and learn to adapt their techniques to become versatile performers. I also believe that a well rounded education is essential and so will incorporate basic theory and aural skills into my lessons.
I have had three years experience in private voice teaching, with students going on to audition for such prestigious organisations as the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA), and the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA). In my own career, I have extensive performing experience in opera, music theatre and jazz/contemporary styles, and have been able to work with some of Australia's best known entertainers, including Marina Prior, David Hobson, Silvie Paladino, James Morrison and Anthony Warlow. I completed a Bachelor of Music in Voice at the Australian National University, and currently study as a post-graduate student at the Australian Institute of Music.
Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged for at the full rate for that scheduled lesson, with exceptions made at the teacher's discretion. Cancellations made with 24 hours notice or more will not be charged for.
• Currently studying Graduate Certificate in Music at the Australian Institute of Music
• Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at the Australian National University/ Bachelor of Music (Voice)
2016-2018: Contracted Voice Teacher at Canberra Vocal Development, Macquarie, ACT
2015- 2017: Contracted Voice Teacher at Canberra Music Tuition, Belconnen, ACT
2014- 2017: Relief Voice teacher for Bell Chambers Music School, Phillip, ACT
2015- 2016: Professional Cantor for St. Jospeh’s Catholic Church, O’Connor, ACT
2016: Full regional scholarship awarded by Opera Scholars Australia
2014: Christel Larko Scholarship from Australian National University, for an ‘Outstanding Voice or Piano student’
• Role of Dr. Blind in Die Fledermaus with Canberra Opera
• September: Role of ‘John’- Miss Saigon (ANU Interhall Productions)
• March: Role of ‘Eva’s Brother’ and ‘Che’ (understudy) – Evita (Canberra Philharmonic Society)
• December: Ensemble in La Boheme (Canberra Opera)
• January: Regional scholarship holder with Opera Scholars Australia performing at Opera in the Alps at Beechworth, with David Hobson and Silvie Paladino, including a masterclass with Yvonne Kenny
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with singing lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about music theory lessons?
Taking vocal coach lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$55||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$245||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$450||$450|