I plan my lessons according to what the students would like to achieve and what they found challenging. I am very adaptable and flexible as to what is covered in each session as long as students have achieved their learning outcome or lesson goal. I use diagrams and keywords to help students understand concepts. Mnemonics are useful for memorising solid information for example medical conditions. I tailor my sessions differently for each individual to fit how best it is for them to learn.
I am passionate towards teaching and have taught medical students in the years below in topics ranging from Physiology, Pharmacology and Clinical examinations. I have taught science subjects for IGCSE and Biology A-levels.
Medical admissions: I can provide help with all areas of the application: >Personal Statement >Aptitude Tests >Interview Techniques >Questions About Medical School. During my time at university I have worked with the Medical School Admissions team and I have a good insight into what they look for in prospective applicants.
Rate for one hour sessions depends: (price for 5 hours in brackets)
All Medical admissions £35 (£165)
Medicine £35 (£170)
A-levels Biology - £30 (£140)
IGCSE Biology, Psychology - £25 (£115)
IGCSE English Literature £27 (£125)
(concealed information) Phone: +(concealed information)39
Cardiff University School of Medicine, (Cardiff, Wales) 2014-2019 (ongoing)
MBBCh Medicine – 4th year medical student
Cardiff Sixth Form College, (Cardiff, Wales) 2012-2014
A-levels: Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Psychology (a)
Shrewsbury International School, (Bangkok, Thailand) 2003-2012
IGCSEs: 8A*s: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature, Business Studies, Art, Mandarin; 4As: English First Language, Psychology, Physical Education, Thai
Tutoring for more than 5 years
• Organiser, Lead, Teacher - Ophthalmology Examination and lectures – multiple sessions
Teaching and Examiner
• Mock Integrated structural clinical examination (ISCE) Examiner for 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year medical students
• SCRUBS surgical exchange conference- Teacher
• Lectured 1st-3rd year medical students
• Developed teaching and presentation skills
• Cardiff Medics revision society - Teacher, Examiner
• Events Lead, Cardiff University Surgical Society - Organised and planned surgical conferences, events and teaching sessions for medical students
• NSMAR - National Student Association of Medical Research - Outreach buddy scheme - Mentored high school students through their UCAS applications for medical schools in the UK
I have known Kathy for four years
She is very patient with her teaching. She never judges when her students don’t get the concept in the first go, but instead she would explain it patiently
She is also able to explain difficult concept clearly
With her help, my academic performance have improved dramatically
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$58||$53|